• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dolphin?

Poeman

Banned
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    I was wondering, the Dolphin emulator for wii and gamecube... what are games my computer could handle?

SPECS:
    Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHZ
    512MB ram(9 gigs of virtual memory also)
    I can't recall my graphics card, but it's decent, I was able to play animal crossing before at around 75% speed.

Also a specific game in mind, would New Super Mario Bros. work? I actually own the game but I want to play hacks without touching my wii :3

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • The Dolphin is still in its beta stage, but with those specs don't hope for full speed.

What you want is a dual-core processor, so that video and audio are handled seperately (allows faster gameplay). Also, get a graphics card that has a minimum of 512mb of VRAM.

I personally recommend the NVidea GEForce 9400 GX. I got mine off of Newegg for about $60, six months ago, prolly a bit cheaper now. Also, about 4 GB of memory would help.

That should allow you to play Super Smash Bros Melee at near full frames. It plays full frames of Final Destination with 2 players fighting.

Let me know what you think.

Years
  • I have this emulitor but couldn't find a rom for play. Can anyone tell me where can I find pokemon Glare of darknes XD? Please help me. I really Want to play this game. If any one know the download link please vm me.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • I have this emulitor but couldn't find a rom for play. Can anyone tell me where can I find pokemon Glare of darknes XD? Please help me. I really Want to play this game. If any one know the download link please vm me.

I VM'd you with the link.
    Dolphin is a wonderful emulator, and with your computer status, it's good to use.
    Yes, New Super Mario Bros. Would work, but you would need to know how to configure everything and such.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2011
    the only problem with these emulators for stuff like PS2/Wii,GC etc is that you need a good spec PC to play them but when you do have a good spec PC then they will play like Magic

MagitekElite

FFFFUUUUU
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    You aren't allowed to talk about downloading roms, or providing ISOs, at all, guys. Watch out :C

Oh, and those specs will not help you with most games c:

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
  • @Poeman... Hmm... That doesn't sound too good... I doubt you would get something good to work...
    And since you can't remember the GPU, it probably isn't good...

You'd need at least Core 2 Duo or a Nehalem processor (Dual core Intel processors won't help, for a single application they're as good as a P4). A better GPU for decent graphics, without one, the game will look crappy.
    (You need the GPU otherwise your PC shares the load making the game slow, and if the GPU isn't good enough, either the game would be slow and look good or look bad and be fast... Or be slow and look crappy.)

PS: You could try a few games, you could get playable speed hopefully. P4 are almost antique, I doubt you would find many people with P4s, and even if you do, there's only a slight chance that they would play GC/Wii as well.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Hopefully Manipulation won't say I'm offtopic in my own thread this time... but
    Alright thanks for the info, I kinda gave up on this a while ago anyways :/

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • Dolphin works for me. Haven't touched configurations but it still works with good speed inmost games. SSBM works fine (althought it's GC game), SMG2 works until I kill that Dragon thing and get Grand Star, XD: Gale of Darkness has some troubles with text sometimes. I don't know why my Pokémon Rumble doesn't work... I want to play it on my computer too as I don't have Wii with me when I go somewhere...

But... If you have good computer it should work at least with 60% speed (in my case about 80%).
    Dolphin isn't so good yet so it doesn't play every game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2012
    Poeman: I advise you reduce your page file down to 1GB or you WILL have disk thrashing.

Poeman: I advise you reduce your page file down to 1GB or you WILL have disk thrashing.

Nodddy: There are non HT 3.0 GHz P4s using the NetBurst architecture.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2010
    dolphin not working

I got dolphin after reading this, but it doesnt work. When i load a game it says "cant init any PAD Plugins" and then "couldn't init the core. Check your configuration".

Help please!

Back