• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Domain changing to lobd.us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senor Kyle

The Management
    Years
    We are working on changing the kyletech.us domain to the lobd.us domain, due to the fact that we want to deviate away from the kyletech domain name. As such, here is how it will happen:

Transfer of lobd.us domain from 1and1 to IA Registry - Friday, September 9, 2005
    Changing of kyletech.us subdomains to lobd.us subdomains - Tuesday, September 13, 2005
    Changing of kyletech.us nameservers to lobd.us - Monday, October 31, 2005
    Changing of kyletech.us host names to lobd.us - Thanksgiving - November 24, 2005

Please note that effective on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 301 redirects will be made to redirect you from the old urls to the new ones.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    So...is KT like disbanded now? =O

And was lobd.net taken or something? Or just like the .us still?

Senor Kyle

The Management
    Years
    A lot of the good TLD equivalents were taken. lobd.com, lobd.net, lobd.org - the only domain not taken like that was lobd.us . However, I am going to be working on getting the lobd.us domain.

Well, you could think about it like that, Katsuro, or you could think about it as a bigger and broader scope brought to KyleTech. A deeper meaning towards what we wanted KT to be in the first place. I don't believe that this is JUST a name change, and that is why I agreed to this in the first place. I believe it is just the beginning of a network which should grow and multiply in numbers. I believe it will become a network where you can chat with others interested in Technology/Anime/Gaming. I believe that people will register to become denizens to access the powerful features of one of our sites, and wind up participating all around the LOBD.

That is what I believe will come out of this. Any comments/suggestions are greatly welcomed.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2008
    What exactly is the Land of Broken Dreams supposed to be about?

Senor Kyle

The Management
    Years
    Computers/Anime/Gaming

Oh, and to the person whom gave me that rep comment about this being a shameless plug (I know whom you are), I assure you that what you said couldn't possibly be farther from the truth.

There are many people hosted on the KT Domain and people might want to know what is going on with the domain so that they can expect what might happen.

saul

"My goodness, that's odd."
    Years
    Senor Kyle said:
    Computers/Anime/Gaming

Oh, and to the person whom gave me that rep comment about this being a shameless plug (I know whom you are), I assure you that what you said couldn't possibly be farther from the truth.

There are many people hosted on the KT Domain and people might want to know what is going on with the domain so that they can expect what might happen.

Wut do you mean by expect what will happen" O.o

Senor Kyle

The Management
    Years
    NS changes, subdomain changes, you know - that kind of thing.

I just want to explain what might happen if a domain doesn't resolve like it's supposed to.

Senor Kyle

The Management
    Years
    Pokemon Masters of Tommorrow Network
    Shadow Inc.
    Gaming Ocean
    The Cheer Leader (a site about Tea from YGO)

and some others that I can't remember.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    I know at least one of those sites wants to get off your hosting, because the webmaster thinks it's too unreliable and asked me for hosting, except that I'm out of space.

And if you think I'm the one who derepped you, it wasn't me, much as you may dislike me.

Senor Kyle

The Management
    Years
    If you look at any hosting company's track record and compare it, we all have problems with our hosts. We all have problems with servers. In fact, in the year and a half we have been hosting people, this was one of the more majour instances of an attack, and statistically, we are very reliable.

We are now even more reliable, because my good friend Rodney is watching the server for another trenting, so when I am away, trent can't come to play.

Oh, and J_A, I don't think you are the one that de-repped me. You may be on the wrong side at times, but you aren't that cold.

e-MeR

<html>LONG STORY</html>
    Years
    Trust me...Any the server on w3 can be hacked in some way though some may take one day some may take a year maybe more...Just depends on luck and how much useful the information the hacker gathered(watching host activities, accounts stuff...).
    Anyways good luck with the stuff!You are hosting people for free so what else? XD

Senor Kyle

The Management
    Years
    Thanks e-Mer! It's good to hear praise when fighting off the flamers.

One of my hostees stated the following
    Matt said:
    Hey Kyle, Matt here. I was just emailing to tell you I am impressed with the the server and the hosting you have provided for me. I did have some doubts, (not to mention other people trying to convince me not to move...) but I see that you have everything under control. Since it is school, and we do live in different time zones it's a litte hard to communicate between one another. I think having a good relationship with your host is the most important thing, so i hope we can still continue to communicate often. Anyways, at the moment, I will be needing more space. Another 100MB is desired (at this point in time, I WILL (100%) for sure need more later on.), but you may decide on how much space you would like to spare. My site is going well, I am in the process of finishing the coding and the designs for it, and currently am set to open for business on the first of October! I will keep you posted though for sure. If you need any help on anything, whether it be your site, any designing, or just help with the server please don't be shy to ask. Thanks for your help, Kyle, and hopefully, just maybe I'll see you on MSN or AIM one day. Well, cya!

Last edited:

Senor Kyle

The Management
    Years
    J_A, do you ever wonder why it is that people dislike you? Maybe it is to do with your accusations.

You are guilty of the same thing I am.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back