• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Dome Fossil or Helix Fossil?

Dome or Helix?

• Dome (Kabuto/Kabutops)

Votes: 58 78.4%
  • Helix (Omanyte/Omastar)

Votes: 16 21.6%

• Total voters

:3

3:
Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    Dome.
    Even though I never use that Pokemon Anyway :p

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    I always chose Omanyte (Helix), simply because I liked it better and it was cooler.

Then again, I also always chose Hitmonlee when apparently people preferred Hitmonchan. And what game did I choose them on? Blue. I hated Red and never wanted to play it.

Years
  • I used to mix the Fossils and Pokemon up, too... Helix Fossil sounds cooler, though.

Anyway, I chose Dome Fossil. Probably because I like anything that has blades for hands! :rambo: Anyway, Omastar doesn't even look that bad; it's pretty decent! :t139: But Kabutops looks fierce. Kabutops's appearance seems to send off the warning that if you so much as touch it, you'll most likely be losing a finger or two...or a limb. :t141:
    The only thing bad about Kabutops are its arms. They look like twigs that can snap off at any second! I mean, Scyther pulls the blades-for-hands theme off well without resembling an oddly-shaped twig... :t123:

Kabuto and Omanyte both look cute...it took me a while to figure out Kabuto's real eyes, though... ;) But I hate it how Kabuto the Pokemon shares its name with Kabuto the ninja from the Naruto series. IMO, Kabuto the Pokemon deserves the name more, since it isn't nearly as annoying as Kabuto the ninja. Kabuto the Ninja brings up some interesting conflict, but let him have some other generic Japanese name... :cer_sneeze:
    I think Kabuto means "beetle" in japanese, although I am not sure, and it is possible to search for it. (Wikipedia leads me to https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/かぶと )
    Anyways, Kabuto was also Metabee's medal on anime Medabots, I've also seen the name on other animes, so it is most likely a common name there.

Years
  • I have so many Omanytes. (In Platinum). :P I'm so happy I chose Dome Fossil this time in Leafgreen. (I always choose Helix hoping for a Kabuto, but accidentally end up with Omanyte.) I like Kabuto better. (Thanks for this thread. XD)

.Busou Kihaku.

私は神で取る!
    Years
  • I used to pick whichever sounded coolest at that time, recently i started to go with Kabuto more often. His evo line is serious win.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I usually got the Helix, but this time around I got Dome. But when it was cloned or whatever, I nicknamed it Helix (:.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    Oh man! Dome Fossil is Omanyte. Helix Fossil is Kabuto. Your poll has them mixed up. (I just got Omanyte today. :/)

My vote goes to Kabuto, because Kabutops is more awesome.
    Yeah. This is a bit confusing, since your post just above it had you talking about the same confusion and knowing which was which. Yet now you don't.

xSeduction

Water Pokemon Fanatic
    Years
  • Helix, fersure.
    Says the water pokemon fanatic.
    And LOL. You keep hoping for a Kabuto from a Helix fossil?
    Helix fossil = Omanyte 100% of the time.
    Dome fossil = Kabuto 100% of the time.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I prefer the helix fossil because I like using omanyte/omastar on my team. It has good stats, but just the speed is low, but w/e... Otherwise Kabutops is a good choice though too...

Years
  • i llike kabutops better, tho the fossil names confuse me, son in the end i always accidentally pick Omyastar

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:
    Back