• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
  • Oh, she was pretty cool, alright. I miss her too.

And I change my mind about Freezing. The story actually is good stuff. Not as good as Unbalance X Unbalance, yeah, but still plenty good for an ecchi. Honestly, a depth to a manga/manhwa like this?

images

I did not expect that.

Years

Not sure if the last post was supposed to say "No, it doesn't deserve a good spot in the MAL rankings" or not but I, for one, do believe that it deserves a spot in the top 20 anime at the very least. It's not just mindless comedy. It has a little of every emotion there is. And, believe it or not, it made me care more about a new character in her introductory episode than I ever cared for Eren's mom in Attack on Titan. (talking about the noodle shop owner. The one who shelters Zura when he's injured) It has good characters with intriguing backgrounds (I'm dying to know the whole deal with Gintoki's past, his teachers and comrades), loads of toilet humor, some really, really good animation and a good soundtrack. And quite a bit of emotional stuff as well.

I never did say that it didn't deserve to be second place. I was just pointing out at how the comedy genre is usually non-controversial for such series to be rated in a less biased way than other series of other genres. Hell I would probably continue reading the manga if I didn't already commit myself to marathoning Star Trek DS9. Along with reading other novels.

And sorry if I do keep saying such passive-aggressive things. I just have that view that is a part of me now. It's a scar that will always find a way of expressing itself no matter what. Trying to keep such emotions bottled in would simply cause myself to just burst out of anger at some point and say some really awful yet totally irrational things which would be a lot more detrimental to my relationship with others, than if I do release it in such small doses such as this.

Last edited:

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years

Netto Dude hows it going man. lmao you could of kept the count going as a way of welcoming me back

derozio

Years
  • Well, as long as you weren't implying that you believe Gintama got the high ratings merely because some 'anime-degree' people gave it 9s and 10s and that it is a crap series, I don't have any problem. :p

how the comedy genre is usually non-controversial for such series to be rated in a less biased way than other series of other genres.
    Never thought about this, though. You may be right.

Years

> We can't have you guys counting too high (/error check)

> Nah, I could see why it's a pretty good series. Parodies are usually considered to be either homages to those who like a particular series and a way of making fun of a series that a person criticizes. Hence both sides essentially liking them in the end.

IDK I really should stop being bitter. But as I've said before, I am paradoxically and ironically, a critic of critics. I usually give things the benefit of the doubt before judging them.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

Gintama is one of the few things on the MAl ratings I wholeheartedly agree with. Comedy is great, characters are great and even the 'serious' arc asre fantastic. Yoshiwara in Flames is up there with my favourite shounen arcs ever.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years

What worries me more is how the series I like usually don't score that high. 8D;
    Except DGM that is.

Ooh, seems like my 2nd favourite manga has come to an end? Must read later.

derozio

Years
  • Damn straight, Netto, do zero this thread from time to time. You'll be the next zero-er. Netto Azero. roflmao

And yeah, Lappy, agreed. Yoshiwara arc was awesome. I really need to watch everything, though. So far, I've only seen upto episodes 47 from the beginning, the yoshiwara arc and episodes 202 + 203. Oh, and episode 119. Because it was DBZ parody episode. :p

And well, MAL has quite a lot of my fave series up there at the top. SO I'm not concerned.One Piece anime has been horrible as of late so it deserves a lower spot.Manga, though, is #6 and that's pretty good.Glad to have Berserk at the top.

But as I've said before, I am paradoxically, a critic of critics.
    lol this is so true haha

Years

Well, speaking of rating anime's... I did just watch the OVA and Movie versions of Eve no Jikan. And it's definitely one of those anime's that I can say deserves a high rating. It was able to convey a lot of information on such a constrained setting and did tantalize the sci-fi nerd within me.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

Impel Down Arc was the last great One Piece arc, anime or manga.

Didn't like Eve no Jikan really. Didn't hate it but I feel it was all hype.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

Meanwhile, in Fire Emblem.

So Chrom proposed to me. As the female brotagonist I am, I calmly accepted. Yep, I'll take that S-rank relationship, thank you very much. We make a pretty OP team. But the walking into each other showering-scenes were so generic I cried. D:

Speaking of OP; Frederick is too much of it. I'm actively trying to keep him back at this point.

The other S-ranks are a cute couple, I guess. But I might spice things up a little.

derozio

Years

@Lappy - No, it wasn't. Marineford was good and Dressrosa is looking awesome. Our opinions just do not match, I see. Agree to disagree.

@diab_low - haha, glad to hear that. :D

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

I'm looking forward for seeing how Usopp came king of the dwarves and half expecting him tp
    Spoiler:

One Piece is still good I'm just not enjoying it as much as earlier on. Oda ruining Nami didn't help.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Meanwhile, in Fire Emblem.

So Chrom proposed to me. As the female brotagonist I am, I calmly accepted. Yep, I'll take that S-rank relationship, thank you very much. We make a pretty OP team. But the walking into each other showering-scenes were so generic I cried. D:

Speaking of OP; Frederick is too much of it. I'm actively trying to keep him back at this point.

The other S-ranks are a cute couple, I guess. But I might spice things up a little.
    Don't rely on Frederick, he's only OP for the first missions, but after that you start to notice how slowly he levels. I still use him, though. He married Sully for me, though I was planning on him marrying Cordelia.

I ended up marrying Miriel REALLY early for stat related reasons...which I quickly regret, especially after I met Tharja (and other characters) <_<

@Dero&Laptrap - I'll just keep hoping for another Water-7 quality arc. It's unlikely, but I can dream /sigh

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back