• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Look for Me.

jaimelectric

Has finally obtained all 493!
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2011
    Just some giftart I did for my friend Rip. Took about an hour and a half on GIMP.
    I've never drawn this pose and I didn't use a reference, so I'm really happy with it. :D

Prolly could've used some more shading, but I didn't want to take my GIMP too far.
    It likes to unexpectantly close out when I use my shading tools.
    Don't Look for Me.

There's a difference between two simple things
    To continue looking up from your earthly perch
    And to begin looking above your wayward heart
    Though the answer may seem thin and vague
    If one should find themselves in such a hole
    That looking up should be for naught
    Looking above may click the lock
    That blocks our sight and turns us blind

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    This is incredibly well-done. However, the top of the muzzle looks shading. Instead, it should've been highlighted; considering the light is coming from above, it would most likely hit the muzzle straight on.

I also feel as if the left back paw should be slightly showing. Some more shading behind the left ear would've been good as well.​

jaimelectric

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2011
    Thank you so much! <3
    Yes, I realize the shading is poor. I might go back and make it heavier, but as is I don't want to mess with it and risk losing my muse. That's also the second comment I've gotten about the back paw, so I think I'm gonna fix that whenever I get the chance to redo the shading/highlighting. (:

Also, my light source is not directly above, it's above, but towards the bottom at a slight angle. You can see this most in the colours of the grass.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    To be honest, I didn't even know that was grass. D= I thought it was just a background. . Well, then I guess my critique wasn't complete. .​

jaimelectric

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2011
    Sorry. Dx
    I know the grass is terrible. This was my first time hand drawing a pattern for it in GIMP. I wanted to try for a look that didn't stand out too much because I wanted Luke to be the focus, but I guess I overdid the underdo a bit. :c

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Do you use a pen tablet to draw these? If so, there's an easy way to make the ground look grassy.​

jaimelectric

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2011
    No, for this image I used my laptop touchpad. I don't own a tablet, and when I use something other than my laptop, I use a mouse. (:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Is it looking at the moon or something?
    I really like the coloring and shading, but as what Shinji said which I do agree with, if one front paw is showing, I think the other one should be as well to make it look more better

:t354:TG

Back