• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Dont tell me im the only one

Mikoliah

The Living Legend
Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2012
    Dont tell me im the only one who In pokemon yellow played the full game with pikachu as my main pokemon. never boxed it and never traded it then back to evolve it. Pikachu was my number one through elite 4

Years
  • What makes you think you were? :) Don't worry about it you're not.

Many people had to in order to make it strong enough to try to obtain the surfing pikachu through stadium.

Mikoliah

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2012
    cause alll i ever hear from anyone is how they just use a raichu or traded it to get riachu or not even use pikachu at all

Mikoliah

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2012
    thats another thing. i didnt think anyone actually used bug pokes. cause they are way weak and not too effictive on many other pokes

Lunar Fang

Vicious-Valiance
    Years
  • My pikachu was always leading my team, and I made sure it always had the highest level. Once I think I trained it to like 93 along with a Hypno and forgot about the rest of my pokemon XD. Good timez..but you're definitely not alone.

GS the Bounty Hunter

Chomp Pwnz On Shoddy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2009
    Dont tell me im the only one who In pokemon yellow played the full game with pikachu as my main pokemon. never boxed it and never traded it then back to evolve it. Pikachu was my number one through elite 4

I'm pretty sure you can't box it or evolve it so....like...yeah.

Of course I did use it a ton though.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure you can box it. I mean, the game can't forcibly leave it in your part, since you can trade it.

And my level 86 Pikachu dominated Lance. \m/

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    You can box it. It makes a god awful screech if you do though.

I think I did. I remember on one play through I had a Pikachu and Haunter as my main Pokémon.

Mikoliah

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2012
    i clearly remember trying diffrent things to see what his expression would be. like trying to evolve it. and so on

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    thats another thing. i didnt think anyone actually used bug pokes. cause they are way weak and not too effictive on many other pokes

Once Butterfree learned Confusion it was an amazing powerhouse at the start of the game. Then it eventually learned moves like Psychic and Sleep Powder, making it godly. ( as far as battles went in the metal generation, lol )

I remember getting as far as Blaine before I needed to train another Pokemon besides Butterfree and Pikachu. I think my Team was a level 74 Butterfree and a level 65 Pikachu, but they couldn't take down Blaine, so I had to raise the Squirtle...

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I always use my pikachu when ever I started a new game or continue playing the full game. ;)

Mikoliah

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2012
    personally i never use anything but attack moves/ sub moves, defencesive moves, support moves. i dont like them and i dont use them

Back