• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dorkly Bits and Silverleague

Zubatfury

Wild Zubat Appears
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    Dorkly Bits is a youtube channel, they make many different animated comedy shorts using video game sprites i believe. i found one in particular and that is their Rusty Short videos, then there is Silverleague that makes sprite videos too i believe.

anyway, i've been searching the web for a couple weeks now, and i have come up with little to no information as to what i'm looking for.

Basically, my idea is to make my own youtube videos kinda the same way Dorkly does it, but with a more serious tone to it. i want to make my own little pokemon adventure series where i use sprites that i've created, perhaps the background can be a world that i created etc. but i've come to so many issues, where i've tried finding a tutorial on how they do their videos and incorporate my own idea. my first idea was to maybe use RPG Maker just do design my worlds and all that which is working out pretty well. but my issue comes to certain aspects of it. i want to animate my own battle sequences between pokemon and basically control the outcome of what happens.

point is, does anyone know how dorkly bits make their videos like they do? i don't know if i have enough patience for some type of motion stop process to make them. has anyone heard of anyone trying to do something similar to dorkly where there might be some type of tutorial on how to animate using sprites and game worlds?

Back