• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Downloading X/Y vs Sun/Moon

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2017
    Okay, most of my game buys are in person or a few days after release, but this year I am doing things a little differently. I have a Japanese 3DS and am planing to get Pokemon Moon from the eshop. A half day head start is not a lot (not as long as the localization gap to Black2/White2 where I finished the game before it came to the states) but I have a few questions, especially from those who downloaded X/Y three years ago.

1) I have heard you can preload the games ahead of time and when the games are released they are unlocked. Has Pokemon done this in the past, and if so, when do downloads began?

2) I also heard the eshop was a mess when X/Y were released. Did it affect how long it took you to download the game, and if so, how long?

I'm mainly asking because I want to be the first person to get a shiny litten! Impossible maybe, but its a challenge I want to take on!

Rain

Years
  • I'm not too familiar with #1; however, I also have a Japanese 3DS and downloaded Y when it was released. I didn't pre-download Y (I don't remember if it was an option), instead I downloaded it once it was released. It took just under a hour.

However, once I finished the game, it corrupted on me and I lost my save file. :c I have a physical copy of Japanese Moon pre-ordered.
    That doesn't mean yours will corrupt. I've had a few digital copies of games corrupt on the same 3DS, so it might be the 3DS.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2017
    Thanks! I hope mine will be okay. It hasn't done any weird things yet, but I just changed out the SD card so it can hold the demo and the game. Fingers crossed that it stays non-corrupted!

Back