• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DP 117 (Spoiler)/Review Thread

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    Just putting up the review thread as usual. Let's seen what everyone thinks of the Shiny Metagross TRio disbanding episode. XD

Edit: I have a treat for the preview of DP 118
    Two Word: Evolution Confirmed.
    https://i41.tinypic.com/n6fcz9.png

About the preview, that really dejavu-ish with AG080. Though I'm glad Shinji is back. Haven't seen him around for a while.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I *completly* forgot about watching Pokemon until this thread! I didn't watch last week's...well, I'll stop watching Yugioh for this episode hahaha

- I can hear Hikari saying she's hungry? It's like "pikupiku" or something?
    - Wow, that was a quick blast off
    - Hey, hey, hey!
    - Roketto Dan say the title
    - Do they have money?
    - lol I thought he was about to smash an egg, but I don't think it is
    - Oh, the uniforms they wore in the Chronicles
    - Kojiro looks fat in the background, but I don't think it#s intentional LOL
    - Oh, so this is what they disagree about
    - Aww I feel sorry for Kojiro, all by himself
    - I just noticed, they're doing that symbol thing for when they're hungry and Kojiro had one of those mushroom things come out of him mouth...I'm sure they haven't done that in ages
    - Maemuki Roketto Dan!
    - LOL Satoshi said "yanna kanji!" XDD and then "daijoubu", he really likes stealing phrases
    - When are they going to switch this ending...lol

- SHINJI!
    - MUKUHAWK!
    ~~Must watch this episode~~

Wait, they used clips from the preview for the sponser part, I'm sure they always used random clips from the episode.

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    Gotta love the start of the episode:
    Team Rocket jumps before Ash and co
    Hikari: what is that?
    Dust clears up
    Brock: Oh, it's you.
    Ash: Sorry, we're in a hurry. *calmly* Pikachu thunderbolt...
    *explosion*

As for the rest of the episode. It was better than I thought it would be. Never expected that James would be the one to go after the shiny Metagross.
    Some scenes from TR after the episode "Training Daze" was nicely added.

- I can hear Hikari saying she's hungry? It's like "pikupiku" or something?
    "Watashiwa piku piku" is often translated as "I'm hungry" in the subs but so far I've only seen Pokemon using that line. Other anime uses "Onaka suita". Perhaps only little kids say that?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I only notice that word because I find the word so funny, I think everyone in Pokemon says it because I've heard Team Rocket say it in the last AG episode when they're flying around in their balloon (I recently watched it, that's why I remembered XD). But I dunno, I haven't seen any other anime in Japanese where they're hungry, heh.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Predictable or not.. I'm still totally gonna watch the episode tomorrow, because it looks amusing enough. xD;

Satoshi's Staravia FINALLY evolves.. ; ;

I've been waiting for that for a long while, plus there's Shinji, and some good Team Rocketness to top it off. I'll probably post again after I watch it~.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Not gonna watch this episode, just the preview.

- SHINJIIIIIII!!!! -FANGIRL SQUEAL-
    - MUKUHAWKKKKK!!!!
    - This episode is cool!
    - I knew it, the PokeRinger Contest MUST be the key to flying Pokemon evolution!!!
    - And the PokeRinger is cooler! ><

OMG! THIS EPISODE IS A MUST-WATCH!!!

Oh, just to note, why do they always tell us in advance about a Pokemon's evolution, bla bla bla... Pokemon is predictable. *sniff*

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I could only find half of the episode.. ; ;

I'll check places again tomorrow.. but from what I saw it was pretty good. xD
    All 7 minutes of it..

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    Ash's team are getting better and better, hopefully the next are Chimchar and Buizel.

Back