• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DP 118 (Spoiler)/ Review thread

Akio123

Sadness forever...
Years
  • You all know the deal! We review here! =D My Review will come later but I can confirm this:
    WELCOME TO THE WORLD STARAPTOR!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Mukuhawk big! How big? Ash big! Anyway this episode=amazing.

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
  • This episode was ok, Mukubird evolved exactly where I would expect it would.
    James got a differrent VA this week. Also I never expected that James would lose on his first round. I guess the writers wanted to get rid of him, leaving more time for the Shinji vs Ash round.

The ending was quite predictable, Mammoo eating everything. Speaking of Mammoo, next episode focusses on Mammoo and Hikari, most likely solving Mammoo's attitude.

Also Ash first opponent looks a lot from an episode during the Master Quest.

Lastly, a nice victory photo of Ash, Pikachu and Mukuhawk.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Weird, this person looks like someone from the samurai episode with metapod vs Metapod.

Spoiler:

Sorry for the caps lock through my reivew XD

- Huh, what's the music when they see the contest area
    - I don't like the CGI "goal" and stuff
    - LOL a punk
    - SHINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNJI! Yay!
    - He jumps into his balloon!
    - Battle standby!
    - Shinji wins yay!
    - I dunno if it's where I haven't watched in ages, but kojiro sounds different
    - Hey, the boy Kojiro is against looks like that one from the Metapod vs Metapod episode!
    - Satoshi vs Shinji!!
    - RBY CHAMPION THEME YAY!
    - MUKUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    - ADVANCE ADVENTURE INSTRUMENTAL (lol even my sister said Yay Advance Adventure XD)
    - YATTA ZE!

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
  • Okay, here's my thoughts I experienced throughout watching the episode:

-It sounded like Musashi yelled Megayanma's name in the beginning (from the distance), but when they all got closer, it was Kojiro!!
    -More random upbeat BGM they've been using lately, yay!!!
    -Shinji?? Your appearance was rather sudden, yet anticipated (yeah, thanks preview...)
    -Wow, samurai, you've come a long way since almost 600 episodes ago, you'er now able to manipulate wind patterns?? (There's no other way he could have won with what he had)
    -Along come the most obvious two victors for the final match.
    -Hey, Dark Pulse in japanese is Dark Aura!!! (I think)
    -Goodbye Mukkubird, you will be missed. (I'm not going to lie, it was my favorite of his pokemon)
    -Awwww, Shinji's worried about Mukuhawk learning Close Combat.
    -Hikari, I'm warning you, don't call out all your pokemon, it's a stupid idea!
    -WHAT DID I SAY?!?!
    -It all makes sense now, everytime Satoshi wants to evolve a pokemon, it just needs to fight Donkarasu!!!

Spoiler:

And that's pretty much what went through my mind for the 2X minutes spent watching.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I havent seen the episode yet im going to just wait for the dub but very predictable copy of the Taliow ep just like i thought

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • FINALLY.

- Now wait, if Hikari knows so much about Sinnoh's myths and something like that, why wouldn't she know something like a PokeRing...?
    - James' voice IS changed... -.- I hate you.
    - SHINJIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    - DONKARASUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    - "Shonen yo."
    - Ah, that contest's quite nolgastic...
    - FLaming eyes~!
    - Mic, hit ither.
    - Now this is a big bummer. In the first battle, Satoshi and the trainer's pictures appear first, but when it was Shinji's turn, he and the other trainer appeared in different times.
    - The wind is with you. (bad pun)
    - G-O-A-L!!!
    - If this guy won FOUR consecutive battles, then WHY WOULD HE LOSE TO SHINJI?! And he's smaller than you! In size AND in age!
    - Donkarasu, battle standby!
    - Yay, he won!
    - Dude, he's SHINJI!!! Why wouldn't he win?
    - James is in the lower hand. STOP WAITING FOR THE WIND!!!!
    - G-O-A-L!!!
    - That laugh doesn't suit you, James...
    - RBY Champion theme!
    - I just love how the staring...
    - I'll keep quiet for a mo.
    - WIND!
    - *ding ding ding*
    - EVOLVE! EVOLVE! EVOLVE!
    - YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
    - "Yuki rinrin genki hatsu ratsu..."
    - Close Combat. My fave move, but only has 5 PP. I hate you, Nintendo.
    - NOW the wind is with Satoshi.
    - Slow reaction... HEY, DONKARASU DID WELL!
    - Cool shot, Satoshi-kun.
    - Manmoo. A new stage to mankind. And food.
    - "Ma, are ga Shinji da..." Correct for the first time, Takeshi.

- Skipped the ending.
    - ...24/7?
    - Where'd Oak go?! (Maybe to the Jurassic Park.)

- OH YEAH, 1-HOUR SPECIAL!

Tanoshi-mini!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Finally saw this. I must say a lot of things seemed a bit kanto-y. The samurai the trophy for the contest winner the rby champion music everything! I loved it though. And mamoswine sure is hungry. And i love kung-fu muku-hawk. I cant wait to see it use close combat more. The 7th gym sure will be interesting.

Last edited:

Hydross

wrOOOm
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2010
    Which bgm is rby champion theme? is it the one which played during honchkrow versus dragonite?

Years
  • -Why is it that they know so much about this? xD Usually Dawn explains Sinnoh stuff unless I've forgotten a Johto or Hoenn episode that had this.
    -Why is Kojiro's voice different? @_@ I did miss something.

-Whoo! xD Mukuhawk is KICKING it!
    -:D B SLAP!
    - Does he keep calling it ...Gogu? Or...

Yay. Satoshi doesn't win against Shinji all too often.

-Large Food = Cannot Be Carried = Eaten by big pokemon
    -@_@ Why do you call after him Satoshi? He's just gonna piss you off so don't talk to him afterwards!

One day Shinji's just gonna turn around and say,
    "You got me! Pokemon are our precious friends!"
    "Really?"
    "NO! Now screw off! D:<"

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • The wind is with Satoshi. And Shinji.
    BUT NOT WITH KOJIROU!!!

One day Shinji's just gonna turn around and say,
    "You got me! Pokemon are our precious friends!"
    "Really?"
    "NO! Now screw off! D:<"

...I can't imagine him saying that. Not even in my fanfics.
    But I still laffed. LOL

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
  • ^ After having seen the writers manage to turn Shinji into comic relief during episode DP046, I can acually imagine that.

Hydross

wrOOOm
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2010

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Ah alright it's that one. I love it - because of the tension vibe it spreads.

And uh... I'll be here more often from now on. I've been so active over at bmgf (Naix) that I've forgotten this place. XD

You're NAIX!? But you seem so different there XD I would never have guessed, seriously. I thought you also had an account there called Hydross so I just thought that was you

Well anyway, it was great hearing the RBY Champion battle theme again, I wish the anime had a version of the DPP Champion battle theme, oh well

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • ^ After having seen the writers manage to turn Shinji into comic relief during episode DP046, I can acually imagine that.

OH YEAH, I forgot. The maze episode, right? That part cracked me up.

But I just can't imagine him SAYING that.
    Shinji's comic relief is quite limited.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Sorry was going through some stuff this week with a guy...Here is my review almost a week later...
    -Okay seriously...Wind Town?
    -Okay so speciulation was right Kojiro os entering with Megayanma...wth?!??!?!?! WHat's up with his voice?! That's not my Shinichiro Miki! (AKA Lockon Stratos D=)
    -How do these kids NEVER see through the TRio's disguises?!
    - Failchama tries to fly...EPIC FAIL BUTTON
    - Special Pokemon food...cool
    - I love how Musashi can't appreiciate anything other than Pokemon Contests at this point. XD
    - Sinnoh Now! Sinnoh Now! Sinnoh now! Yay Ronda get's hit with the boom again!
    - Yuka flies off the handle on national TV...wow...how has she not been fired? XD
    - Of Course Satoshi is first up against one of the Sinnoh's generic charecter designs. XD
    - Sweet Skarmory, they are ebing nice to Steel types this season!^^
    - Angry sky battle! XD
    - Wow Air cutter looks sweet
    - Completely fail that it missed though. XD
    - That's sad that Skarmory lost to Mukufail. XD
    - I love how the Pokeringer champion looks like a quitessential 80 biker...
    - OMG Shinji VS the Biker stereotype!!!!!!!!!!111111
    - Shinji...wow just...wow jerk...still cool Honchy beat Kairyu...wow
    - I have to admit that, it was cool using the win to his advantage
    - I want SHinichiro back >_> Anyway his opponent is another generic design. XD
    - He should have practiced with the wind...It's sad that Skiploom beat Yanmega...
    - Okay Satoshin VS SHinji, the real episiode begins here
    - Brave Bird is so cool...however Muku needs to have trained with the wind...
    - By the power of friendship! I Staravia activate the greatest power of Ash's team! I activate thye Spell card: Dues Ex Machina and advance summon to Staraptor!
    - Yes I had to turn Staravia to Dan Green...Staraptor is that cool...XD
    -I love how it just looked so pissed at Honchy
    - Wow using cheap close combat. "I now activate beat the crap out of your Mafia bird stereotype!"
    - Staraptor is amazing...I love him and Gliscor.
    - SHinji don't be mean to Honchy!
    - Mamo...ate...everything...XD
    - Episde: 8/10
    Preview:
    -So Mamo becomes useful!

Hydross

wrOOOm
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2010
    You're NAIX!? But you seem so different there XD I would never have guessed, seriously. I thought you also had an account there called Hydross so I just thought that was you
    Yup that's me indeed. All the posters over there are so gutsy so for some reason I am gutsy myself. Over at this forum, however, it's so calm that I 'relax' when I post, hah. XD

Well anyway, it was great hearing the RBY Champion battle theme again, I wish the anime had a version of the DPP Champion battle theme, oh well

What I really like about the RBY c.b.t. is that it is so different from all other BGM out there. I don't know how to describe it... it's catchy, but it's still full of tension.

I also want them to dig up that other RBY theme (it played in the final school episode), and use it more frequently. It's a great finishing song for instance - would be nice to have that rather than the overused song that is Symphonic Medley.

Last edited:
    Back