• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DP 96-97 Episode Discussion (beware teh Japanese spoilers)

Years
  • Here is where you can discuss Team Galactic storming the stage in "Team Galactic Attacks!"

It's my first Japanese episode discussion, due to the fact it's a big one (Galactic, new OP). Since it already aired in Japan, figured to post it now.

Have at it, people.

Edit: I got the episode title from here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DP096

I guess I can always re-edit for the proper Japanese translation, if people want that.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Are you sure it's already aired? Japan time is about 1 hour from my time, and I'm pretty sure it airs at 7:00 PM their time. (So, it would air from 8:00 PM my time.)

It's currently 8:26 AM here. D:

This episode has me excited though. Surprising how the preview allowed the voice actors to speak in it - Shirona and Akagi's voice. Akagi's animation though… is a little disappointing. Looks a little poor.

Check the Dub Episode Title Thread for my rationale. And if I jumped the gun, oh, well. Better early than late, yeah? Silly timezones.

I'm excited, as it featured the Galactic admins that the anime neglected (Mars and Jupiter). Can't wait.

Poor animation? Well, that's not new, is it?

Master Jecht

Hmmm..
    Years
  • yay im excited for this episode!

episode 96
    -pikachu has a new cool attack
    -ok is ash practicing for a battle or contest
    -crogunk didnt poison brock!
    -o crap its cyrus! run away!
    -mars too!
    -lol at ash and dawn when brock was kneeling with cynthia.
    -haha ash and dawn looking at the orb. They were like "this is stupid" then cyrus got all pissed.
    -crogunk really doesnt like toxicroak 0_0
    -LOL. It was so quiet then crogunk burst through the roof and Toxicroak finished him. Thats gotta hurt.
    - I wonder what pokemon Cynthia has

episode 97
    -Gastrodon..... of all of Cynthia's pokemon why Gastrodon :(
    -quite a battle going on
    -chimchar stole pikachus spotlight!
    -i like how team rocket just casually was like "were leaving now with the orb"
    -Team Galactic got out of there fast!
    -Garchomp can fly O_o
    -jupiter too and omg.. purple lipstick eww.
    -why are you apoligizing ash! Chimchar is the dummy that hit pikachu out of the way. Pikachus volt tackle would have beat toxicroak!
    -o god cyrus is angry /hides

Years
  • What was Mars like? I ask, since she was the one that got me interested in Galactic in the first place. And been waiting forever for her to appear. I like Saturn, but he's no Mars. Heh.

I should also inquire on Jupiter, since the game shafted her, most of all.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    *spins around* These episodes were SO cool! I LOVE the new opening! But HATE the ending! I'll come to explain. I think all the music was movie music, which really fitted. My review is squashed into one heh...

New OP - https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yjAKJt2xE14&fmt=18 Hiroshi Sotomora will be pleased with the clouds

Shinji is SMILING in the opening!?

This opening pwns so much it gave me goosebumps!

- Hey, the title music is back to the Battle Frontier one! (Got an item/Pokemon evolved)
    - Is Pikachu learning a new move?
    - lol Brock falls out of love when Croagunk doesn't kill him?
    - Those prtraits of Palkia and Dialga look cool
    - Cool, so there's point in Ash and Dawn seeing the legendaries!?
    - OOOOH, sinister zoom-in on Cyrus
    - OH NOES!!! Not dynamite! Edit! Edit! Edit! Edit! There is no such thing!!
    - It's freaky seeing Meowth walk on all fours. It looks easier for him to stand on 2 feet o.O
    - Why's Cyrus getting angry at Ash and Dawn for staring at the Lustrious Orb?
    - Oh, so Cyrus is pretending to have nothing to do with Ginga Dan
    - When Croagunk fell, Ash turned around and yelled, then Toxicroak came down and kinda stabbed it...that was just too cool
    - What was Cynthia saying about Hikozaru?
    - lol Cynthia's hair is on the seat XD
    - lol Pochama killed Mukubird trying to board him XD
    - lol what did red-head (Mars? The cute one) say to make Jessie and James angry?
    - Pikachu and co. wanted to save Team Rocket! Aww
    - Whoa! Cyrus with red eyes!
    - I didn't want TR to blast off :(
    - Akari looks odd in his uniform now XD
    - "Pokemon hunter" did she say!?

Ending:

It's about EMO Pochama!?!? WTF? It makes Pikachu look like a bully! W...T...F

Preview:

Aoi!!

What was Mars like? I ask, since she was the one that got me interested in Galactic in the first place. And been waiting forever for her to appear. I like Saturn, but he's no Mars. Heh.

I should also inquire on Jupiter, since the game shafted her, most of all.

Mars is the red one, right? CUTE! She kept giggling randomly, I have no idea why. Is Jupiter the purple one? Yeah, she didn't get much screentime
    Mars does get scenes by herself but that's the first I came accross

Last edited:
    Years
  • *spins around* These episodes were SO cool! I LOVE the new opening! But HATE the ending! I'll come to explain. I think all the music was movie music, which really fitted. My review is squashed into one heh...

New OP - https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yjAKJt2xE14&fmt=18 Hiroshi Sotomora will be pleased with the clouds

Shinji is SMILING in the opening!?

Mars is the red one, right? CUTE! She kept giggling randomly, I have no idea why. Is Jupiter the purple one? Yeah, she didn't get much screentime
    Mars does get scenes by herself but that's the first I came accross

I'll have to check the new intro when I can. And why is Shinji smiling like Seto Kaiba? Because that's the exact same facial expression!

And, Cyrus is weird like that. As for his "distancing from the Ginga-Dan," dramatic irony or not ready to tip his hand? How often did Giovanni want to admit to being the Boss Rocket, outside fellow Rockets, that is?

Yes, Mars is the red one, and Jups is the purple one. Mars is very... gregarious in the game. Yep. There's a new admin, Pluto, in Platinum with a Rotom. Can't wait.

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    But Pluto isn't even a planet anymore! The Team Rocket scene is exactly the same one as in Challenger!! excep this time they blast off with better animation and clouds

Years
  • But Pluto isn't even a planet anymore! The Team Rocket scene is exactly the same one as in Challenger!! excep this time they blast off with better animation and clouds

Which makes the English naming scheme really amusing. Hehehe. Poor Pluto. Hey, why not Neptune? Heh.

I hate the Rockets blasting off in the OPs, especially in a rehash scene. Blah.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Neptune reminds everyone of that mermaid...

Translating lyrics of opening: done the first line in about 5 mins XD (could be mistakes)

kenka nakanaori matakenka
    iitaikoto ibbaiorukedo
    ichibanha......
    itekurechi arigatoo
    tahihomichizure ehanasake
    wakaatayo

Last edited:

Kuro

Cloaked by the Masses
    Years
  • I thought they were pretty good. Not much of the Diamond/Pearl animé has really impressed me, but these episodes certainly got my attention. Most notably the Croagunk-Toxicroak showdown.

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • Can I tell you something? GAY OPENING IS GAY
    Seriously... I'm thinking on drop Pokémon just because that freaking song.
    THEY RUINED THE REGIGIGAS VS. DARKRAI SCENE! Why?! Why?!

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I loved the new opening regigigas launching a hyper beam at darkrai was cool. God that purugly gave me the creeps. I love the scene when jupiter first appears and skuntank is seen laying on the ground asleep.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Mars is cute. I liked her personality in the anime. <3

I enjoyed these two episodes thoroughly. I especially loved the "AKAGI-RAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEE" part near the end of Part 2.

Dokurog Poison Jabbing Greggle right in the chest has to be the single most incredible thing to happen in a Pokémon battle. I actually went "OUCH!" when I saw it.

Hero!Hiko was a nice touch to the episodes as well. And I'm glad they actually kept the Greggle-Dokurog rivalry. Also, Greggle is an automatic Saturn's Dokurog detector. End of. XD

Dr. Ookido

オーキド博士
    Years
  • Kuro said:
    ...but these episodes certainly got my attention. Most notably the Croagunk-Toxicroak showdown.
    Showdown? More like Guregguru getting his arse whooped by Dokurog. =P
    STEELIXMANIAC said:
    Dokurog Poison Jabbing Greggle right in the chest has to be the single most incredible thing to happen in a Pokémon battle. I actually went "OUCH!" when I saw it.
    Yes, Gurreguru falling through the glass and Dokurog jabbing Guregguru was actually pretty "violent." Falling through the glass especially. I was kinda disappointed, we only saw Gureggru getting pwned, I wanted to see some intense Gureggru vs. Dokurog fighting action. Instead…
    I enjoyed these two episodes thoroughly. I especially loved the "AKAGI-RAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEE" part near the end of Part 2.
    Heh, Akagi and his evil, insane, clichéd laughter.

Years
  • Heh, Akagi and his evil, insane, clichéd laughter.

Well, did Sakaki break out into paroxysms of laughter like the Joker? Or did J, or any other of the Big Bads (movie or anime)?

Besides, of the game canon Big Bads (Sakaki, Matsubusa, Aogiri), Akagi seems to be the most... unhinged. Particularly with the whole "robots are my friends" mindset he had a child. Not to mention, his delusions of godhood and reformatting the world in his image.

So, yes, he's a cliché, though, he's the first time the franchise has attempted such a character.

Dr. Ookido

オーキド博士
    Years
  • Well, did Sakaki break out into paroxysms of laughter like the Joker? Or did J, or any other of the Big Bads (movie or anime)?

So, yes, he's a cliché, though, he's the first time the franchise has attempted such a character.
    Actually, I mean it's a general all-around cliched evil laugh, not necessarily like another character in the series.

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
  • The episode was great. There is only one problem: I want to see the rest of the story now! ^_^
    Nice to see Team Galactic finally making it's move. Looks like Mars has a "playing evil villain" personallity. I'm glad that they and their Pokemon are formidable opponents against Ash and co.
    Speaking of Pokemon the grunts only have Golbat's. Lots of Golbat's.

I'm looking forward to see the rest of the story.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • It's Ginga-dan! OH MY GOBSTOPPERS, IT'S SATURN, MARS AND JUPITER! (What's with the purple lipstick anyway?) -squeals- Run for your lives!

- Is Pikachu learning a new move?
    - lol Brock falls out of love when Croagunk doesn't kill him?
    - OH NOES!!! Not dynamite! Edit! Edit! Edit! Edit! There is no such thing!!
    - lol what did red-head (Mars? The cute one) say to make Jessie and James angry?
    - "Pokemon hunter" did she say!?

Pikachu's not learning a new move. It's just learning a new style so it can win Fantina or something... Whatever. That's not the main point of the one-hour special. Blah.

Croagunk's not pwning Brock? I hate to say, it was unexpected. When I saw Croagunk's behaviour, I immediately thought, "Oh, so Croagunk has a grudge on Toxicroak? Cool..." What I was disappointed at is that they didn't show more about Croagunk VS Toxicroak. I would have expected more, being a fangirl of Saturn.

DYNAMITE?! Bing bing bing! Wrong wrong wrong! There is NO SUCH THING! This is a kids show! Dynamite is fake! These are FAKE! FAKE, FAKE, FAKE!!! Nooooo, edit that! It is not supposed to appear here! Put it in another anime, for goodness sake! Not here! No, no, NO!!! (Sorry, I am quite hyped here.)

Cyrus was angry because they couldn't see anything in the orb. You know, Cyrus was obsessed on the Lustrous Orb. :D

He's in undercover. Of course he wouldn't be stupid enough to blow his cover. Maybe he would use Ash and Dawn in their future activities. This gives me chills. Yech.

Mars said that it was a trap to have them go to the Celestic ruins thingy so that they could ambush the Rocket trio and get the Lustrous Orb. :badsmile: Mwahaha, that was mean!

Yeah. Finally we see J! Maybe she'll try to kill (When I say kill, I mean it.) Ash again! (DP071, DP072, she commanded her Salamence to use Hyper Beam directly on him, having her Drapion squeeze him tight with its claws, and ejecting him from her ship at a great height.)

I also found this:

Shirona! What happened to your face?!

Last edited:
    Back