• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Draciana's Sprite Thread - Updated as regularly as possible!

Draciana

Credit to ME for the avatar!
    Years
    Hello, my name is Draciana, and these are my sprites.

Here are some Pokémon pinball icons turned into a more spritey thing, all parts not shown in the pinball icon I scractched for the new one, e.g. Charmander's lower body:

Here are some sprites I recoloured and edited slightly...Batman was created through boredom:

My first pokéchao:

A trainer card for my character, Deseray:

My first map, a map for my made up region of Dragonigena, excuse the numbers:

My first fakémon, three fakémon created by scratching and splicing:

And that's it for now. Constructive criticism much appreciated.

Updates should be fairly regular, depending.

~ Draciana.

Last edited:

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    I'm not sure if it was in the original or not but your charmanders have some shading errors from where you started making the lower body. I like the map because of the coloring you did with it. I can see the parts where you spliced on your fakemon and by that I mean like the parts you took not where you attached them. Overall I like your fakemon and hope to see updates.

Draciana

Years
    Update - 15/03/09

Update - 15/03/09

Another fakémon, a first stage evolution, I will add a back sprite for each when I get round to it:

Left- Normal
    Right- Shiny

Bargue - The devil pup pokémon.
    It roams around grave yards in the dead of night, a howl so piercing it could wake the dead from their eternal slumber...

Much like my other fakémon, I used pieces of other pokémon to make this, alot of it is scratch though.

Rotom Pidgeot:

Just a recoloured Pidgeot as Rotom, I guess you could probably call it a disguise, I dunno.

~Draciana

Last edited:

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    wait a minute...i have seen those fakemon before... have you had a differnt thread? because i distinctly remember critisizing those fakemon...

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    Maybe it's just me but it looks like the non shiny version of your new fakemon is to dark. I can't see any shading or details. You might want to add some lighter tones to show the lighting/shading on it. But I do like the looks of this one better than your first.

Draciana

Years
    Ok, I edited Bargue a bit, is the shading any better?
    I also added an smokey aura that I DID plan to put on here beforehand, but I forgot.
    I hope that's better.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    so then, what you're saying is that you didn't take my advice and work on the fakemon...

no to mention, you didn't redo your revamps... i was hoping to see those done...

Well anyways, the new stuff is alright. the pinball pics have some shading issues, such as "no neck" on ponyta, or the diveting on char's tail and scyther's torso... but they are pretty good.

i agree with b-ball scooper that the shading is a bit dark on the fakes, but you could also help that by eliminating the grey "fuzz".

Either way, keep up the work...

Keep Spriting!

Draciana

Years
    I'm in the process of editing the first fakémon.
    Removing the black in the outline and such.

EDIT: I edited the first fakémon. Removed the outline. I can't see what else I can do with it really. I don't like it much, it was my first one after all, but I can't see what can be done to improve it.

Last edited:

Draciana

Years
    Update - 18/03/09

Update - 18/03/09

Bargue is complete!
    A sprite sheet of Bargue including party icon, backsprite and sprite. All in normal and shiny. Left - Normal. Right - shiny.

I may decide to make overworlds also, but it's doubtful. Working with the tiny sprites is tricky...the party icon was bad enough.

Here is a Mewtwo revamp I did just now, I completely re-did the shading, starting from the base colour. I'm not that good at shading so tell me what you think.

Silver Mewtwo ---> FireRed/LeafGreen Mewtwo
    I couldn't find the newest Mewtwo sprite...
    By the way...I didn't intend to make it look cute...

Last edited:

Draciana

Years
    BIG Update - 25/03/09

BIG Update - 25/03/09

Apologies for not updating for ages, but here's a big one! A lot of it is old stuff, mind you, but it's an update none the less.

Ok, these are from Digimon, I did these about three years ago when I first got into spriting. The big Digivice is a pixel-over by me, and so is the large crystal directly beneath everything. The other two objects in each set are just re-colours. I did several elemental/emotional sets. I know they are horrible, but I desperately wanted to update. (The sheet's pretty big, that's why I put it in a spoiler.)

Spoiler:

Now, here are some sprite recolours and splices done a couple of years after the above. They only one's are really like are the electric Machamp, the Dark Rapidash and the Shiny Charizard. The rest are just boring, and not very well done, re-colours. But, even so, I would like criticism on them. (By the way, the Scizor was my first ever sprite.)

And that's it for now. I promise I will try harder to update.
    ^^'

Last edited:

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    I like the scizor. The shading isn't right but for some reason I really like it. The charmander family recolor with bagons "hair" also look pretty good. The main problem is the eyes. They seem to lack depth and pupils. The lack of pupils is fine but the lack of shading makes them look wierd. But overall good job.

Draciana

Years
    Update - 27/03/09

Well, I wasn't expecting that much of a reaction to my years-old stuff. Thanks!
    ^^

Update - 27/03/09

Ok, this is a sprite of my character, Deseray, I have a picture a drew of her on here as well, just so you can compare the art to the sprite, as the art was done first. I edited Platinum Cynthia to make the sprite, and iv'e put the Cynthia sprite next to it just so you can see how much i've changed...which frankly isn't a WHOLE lot.

Art:

https://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3195/image003c.jpg

Sprite:

Cynthia -> Deseray

And a trainer card using my Deseray sprite...

And a fakémon inspired by another piece of my art...

Art:

https://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2316/greenmothdragon.jpg

Sprite:

The colours are a bit bright but...meh...

And that's it for now.

See...I said I would update...^^

Draciana

Years
    Update - 28/03/09

Update - 28/03/09

Re-coloured Skarmoury. Not that good, I didn't intend it to turn out as good as it has so...yeah...

And a Rainbow Golem! I was seriously bored.
    Something bugs me about it though, but I don't know what. Help?

And a little Scyther Icon i've made. I used the PMD sprite and replaced the black outline with darker shades of the colour needed, then I outlined in black one pixel away around the sprite and filled in with black.
    Then I obviously did the writing and...voila!
    I think it gave it quite a nice effect...^^

I'm definately going to make more of these little icons.
    You can request a certain pokemon through PM if you wish and I shall make it for you, as long as credit is given.
    Availiable with or without writing.
    ^.^

Last edited:
    Back