• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse Hype

Do you think Xenoverse will Revive the DBZ games?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    Well many people tell me to drop off that Hype Train for Dbz Xenoverse. I actually did see a few videos of playtroughs of the beta. So far i did like it, sounds like Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for me, except for a few concepts that atleast for me made the game a bit slower and harder.

From what ive saw Dragon Ball Xenoverse will be basically BT3 with a real online gameplay and slower engine. I do think DBZ games are supposed to be faster than a cat running from a tsunami.

I got impressed with a few advances they made since ultimate tenkaichi in the char customization, i do think they shouldve focus on adding a few more races to it like halfies. Tough since the game is totally in japanese so far i didnt get most of its concepts. From the playtrough vids tough it does seem like you can only use the char you made online.

Anyways what do you guys think? Is it worth waiting for xenoverse? Is it worth hopping on that Hype Train?!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I'm excited, considering this is the first Dragon Ball Z game from Dimps (the developers of the original Budokai) since Burst Limit. That, and it's the first game to have a capable character creator, which is easily the feature that has me most interested. Well, that, and Dimps and its fantastic cinematic choreography (most noticable in the original Budokai and Burst Limit). They've yet to make a bad Dragon Ball Z game, even if Burst Limit and Infinite World (the latter of which was made as a previous generation counterpart to Burst Limit) weren't the highest caliber, they certainly had good qualities.

That said, about "reviving" Dragon Ball Z games...I don't think they ever died. I mean sure, Spike's games have been getting progressively worse since Tenkaichi 3 (though it's important to note that Battle of Z was NOT made by Spike or Dimps, but a different company with no roots in fighting games), but there have been other games. Supersonic Warriors was pretty good, Ultimate Butoden was the only handheld 3D DBZ fighter before the current generation, and it was pretty quality. Not to mention the popular Dragon Ball Heroes series, which is Japanese only. But my point is, this isn't a revival of Dragon Ball Z, but it certainly will be a milestone.

Sir Codin

In terms of Xenoverse itself, it'll probably be a great game.

But I think it'll also kill DBZ games because now that we've got creatable characters, where do you go from there? It'll probably be the last DBZ game I ever get.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    In terms of Xenoverse itself, it'll probably be a great game.

But I think it'll also kill DBZ games because now that we've got creatable characters, where do you go from there? It'll probably be the last DBZ game I ever get.
    The sky's hardly the limit. I imagine a competent character creation system would possibly make such a system- or at least aesthetic and meaningful character customization (the latter of which has been in most of Dimps' DBZ games, safe for Burst Limit)- a core aspect of games by other developers.

But I can't see a reason why it would kill Dragon Ball Z games. After all, Dragon Ball Z was the game that standardized 360 degree combat among Fighting games. There's always more they could do: from new battle systems to new features to a non-standard storyline to an open-world setting. There's so much more that they could add and change beyond simply character creation.

Though it should be noted that Xenoverse is in no way related to the Tenkaichi/Raging Blast series, which was developed by Spike.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    I was already hyped for this game before I found it listed on Steam, and it appears one feature it has that I've been looking for is the ability to play as a Majin, something I believe only to have been available in DBO before now. I wasn't planning on making a character in this game (If it was optional), but now I'll definitely be trying out a Majin character. Maybe one of the characters from Frieza 's species as well. I haven't been this hyped for a dragon ball game in a long time.

Now that I look, this game borrows a lot from Dragon Ball Online, so maybe that game's not so much dead as taking a different form.

Last edited:
    Back