• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DRAGON POLL

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Garchomp is Freakin' sweet, But Giratina is also good as its also ghost type also...Salamence....Palkia.....Dragonite.....Kingdra.....oooo...RAYQUAZA YEAH.....Seriously most fully evolved dragon types are great.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Dragonite because it can learn thunderpunch and fire punch if given a heart scale.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I think Dragonite is, I think it can learn a lot of moves and its got a pretty good attack too, pluz its Really cute.

Dragonite is now useless for sweeping, since the only thing it had going for itself (DD+Outrage) has just been merrily given to the already-superior salamence.

As for most powerful, the strongest dragons in each tier are:
    Ubers: Title shared by Dialga/Palkia/Rayquaza, who all have a base 150 Att or SpAtt stat, or in Ray's case both. However Lati@s are both capable of topping them if given soul dew. As ubers none are short of killer moves either. Garchomp is gonna fall into the "Reg.Deoxys" tier- Too crap for ubers, too good for OU

OU: Salamence, bar none. Huge base Att, Dragon Dance and STAB'd Outrages (Courtesy of platinum) leave him filling garchomp'sold post of "Overpowered dragon from hell"

UU: Altaria, he's the only one who lives there anymore.

That's based on sweeping capablility, since that's what 99% of dragons do. Giratina's Another Forme makes a beastly wall, as does Latias. Dialga is a great tank, and it looks like Origin Giratina will take up the same role.Of course you cannot rule out DracoArceus, who can try his hand at most things. He won't do as well as the other ubers, but he can try =]

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Dragonite because of the killer looks and Garchomp because of the fact that it's a killer in competitive play.

In the tier that its in now, it itself gets killed now.

And that it's been banned in standard competetive play.

In terms of standard [OVERUSED] battling, the award goes to Salamence. With the addition of Platinum, Salamence has gained an incredible amount of power and usage. It all comes down to a special move called Outrage. Just like Garchomp, Salamence now gets Outrage. To add onto that, Salamence always did have a nice weapon called Dragon Dance. It powers Salamence up and lets it outrun a large amount of potential threats. Barely anything can switch into an Outraging Dragon Dancing Salamence exept Steels, which Salamence kills with Earthquake afterwards. Salamence doesn't rival the power of Garchomp, but Garchomp has been bumped up to the ubers environment because of multiple reasons. Salamence is one of the highest ranked Overused Pokemon, thanks to the addition of Outrage, etc. Second place goes to Dragonite.

It is still competetive if used in Uber

Last edited:

Singhy

Pokemonaholic
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2008
    Dragonite is, its power is amazing for something that isn't an uber. DD+Dragonite=PWNAGE

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Dragonite is, its power is amazing for something that isn't an uber. DD+Dragonite=PWNAGE

Read my last post (Near the bottom of the first page) before making such claims. Heck, most people are saying how dragonite now sucks.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Notwithstanding battling, my favorite dragons are Flygon, Altaria, Garchomp and Dragonair. I like the Lati@s too.

Back