• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragonball AF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
  • You might have heard of "Dragonball AF" (After Future, or whatever you want to call it), something that was rumoured for a very long time, until FUNimation make it clear thats its not true. "FUNimation wants fans to know from the official source that Dragon Ball GT is the last series and neither AF nor V exist. As far as we know, and Toei has confirmed this matter, there are no future plans for any continuance of the Dragon Ball series beyond GT." I guess if you want to know more info, you could go on a search engine such as Google.

If it actully was true, do you think it would be nearly as succesful as Dragonball Z?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • It would probably flop, even with the huge fanbase. I'm a pretty big DBZ fan, but I could barely watch one episode of GT when it came on, let alone the whole series. Since Akira Toriyama has already confirmed he won't be continuing the Dragonball series any further, DBAF would be made by the same people who made GT, most likely... therefore it wouldn't be very good. o_o Then again, to all their own. >_>

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • Hmm... the hype of the whole Dragonball concept proberly wouldn't catch the attention on the D/Z/GT fans after so many years, but Dragonball GT seemed to have the downfall to not be as action packed and as interesting as is its previous versions, but if Akira Toriyama decided to get back in his old series and take over the idea's, it might catch on really fast.

Chimou

Dancing Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    Correction: Akira did create Dragonball GT--the manga at least. The anime was done completely without him. The anime and manga of GT are completely different. That's why the anime sucks so bad.

Just like the anime of Dragonball Z sucked so bad. A lot of Toriyama-sama's original ideas were discarded and crappier ones were put in their place.

Dragonball AF does exist, but it just isn't official. Dragonball AF is nothing but a FAN FICTION. Just would like to clear that up. It isn't considered a real part of the series because of these two reasons: it wasn't done originally by Akira Toriyama and it sucked worse that the GT anime.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • dont even get me started on GT...*goes and wacks the dude who made GTs anime over the head with a fish* Well i watched one episode and i never wanna see that show again!!!!! and if Toriyama made GTs anime it would probly be 500% better...but then again im still lookin forward to the movies...

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
  • lol though it would be nice to see a more updated version of DB. As you go from DB to Z to GT you can tell how much things improve. From the animation to the storyline. Though I think Z was the height storyline wise. I've seen all of GT and Z was much more enjoyable. There doesn't seem to be the same tension in GT as in Z. Dragonball is just scary though. Bulma the carrot :S thats just the first saga. Though I wish that the underwear could have stopped being worn as a hat. Yeah Z is the best by far, so anything that could happen would have to go back to that kinda style to get the best audience.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • Yeah! have Frieza, Cell, and Buu where the potara earings! XD thatll make an interesting character! :laugh:

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
  • I highly doubt that it could be more popular then Z on account that not even GT is good, I find that DB GT has slower fighting and the artwork isnt as good (might just be YTV). Anyways, when I rent the DB GT videos they suck and the fighting is slower, aswell as the sagas in GT are too dang short. So what I'm trying to say is that if DB AF existed, chances are it would be worse then Z.

Kuragari

My Sassy Girl
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Aug 8, 2006
    At first, I used to be like some of the comments that are being said here that GT sucks just because Toriyama didn't make it. It's not completely all bad. For one animation is somewhat better than Dbz. And the fight scenes don't go on as long as DragonballZ.

I don't rate Dbz or GT very high in general, but after watching GT again, I've begun to like it a little more than before. It's good fun to watch when you're bored and want to kill off some brain cells. :)

Chimou

Dancing Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    I don't think that the DBGT manga is out in the United States yet or not.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • I don't think so either, it might take awhile though, just as it took a while to finally air GT episodes in North America in english.

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    DBGT sucked realy bad. if it was done by Akira, it would be alot better. pluss there is no such thing as DB AF(alternate future). like chimou said, it's just a fan fiction. all i have to say is that it's a realy famous fan fiction :laugh: .anyways, the best part in DBGT was when goku was fighting as supersaiyan 4.even though it wasn't exelent, it's was better than other parts of DBGT.

believe me....i know. i guess i'm almost the #1 person with most knowlage of DB,DBZ, and DBGT :P .

Arore

I Like to Kill Things
    Years
  • Ehhh...from what I heard, there is no such thing as Dragonball AF; it was either made up or was an original idea by Akira Toriyama that he decided not to release or produce.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • It was more like a rumour started by Dragonball/z/gt fans, but it turned it it was completely false according to FUNimation.

Igglybuddy

OMG PENGUINS
    Years
  • There was never a GT manga, and the anime was produced with little to no input from Toriyama. Ugh...terrible anime. I saw a dub episode that made me want to destroy all that lives. *shudder* And AF was a fan doujinshi (is that spelt right? looks wrong now that I've typed it o_O), basically fan manga...not written by Akira by any means, and I seriously doubt it would ever be made into an anime. The only art from it I've seen is that picture of "SSJ5" Goku, or whoever. Fake, edited pictured made by idiots with photoshop and too much time on their hands don't count.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • You spelled doujinshi right. =P

This AF thing is pretty old. o_o I remember running into it when I used to browse DBZ websites. (Those sites were funny.. they all had the exact same content, but flashy layouts. XD)

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2004
    Af Does Exist !!!!!!!!!!!!!

How i know it exist i have 5 episodes from it only japanese with no subtitles quality is pretty good its about some things from another dimension come and try to take over the planet ssj4 vegeta gets beaten and dies gohan dies pan and some new saiyin boy lives though then goku comes back and only goes ssj 1 and beats them then some stronger thing comes that not even he can beat at ssj4 then the new boy becomes ssj4 and kills the thing then the parts of the two blown up beings fuse together and nobody can handle him vegeta comes back with a halo on his head goku vegeta fuse and get beaten then it stops

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    0__O
    Ok 2 things
    DBAF is a PROVEN fake so I know you were watching something else, what it is I don't know...now onto thing number two...this thread is about a year old, no need to post in it again. Just start a new thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back