• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragonball project recruiting pixelists

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2009
    Hey! I was browsing this forum and noticed there are some skilled pixelists that could most likely assist me with my game. It's a dragonball game, completely original, programming, art, even the idea's are unique and innovative.

This is an ad I posted on BYOND (a game developer site), quite outdated but it represents the game.

The game will have a massive Universe, filled with NPC civilizations that will have advanced AI, and serve many purposes in the game. Planetary leaders will be able to control their civilization, and the options will be near enough limitless, slavery, development of militia, mining camps to gain resources, or just the average civilization with a mix, the options will be as open to the person creativity. Other unique aspects such as planetary effects, for example- a freezing cold planet would give a boost to endurance gain but increase the risk of injuries (yes!) and KI drain. Not only will they affect training, planets will have a variety of minerals that can be used to build technology, each planet will have a different amount in each time, meaning they can trade with other planets or conquer them through the war system.

Bored of hitting the P-bag on Anime games? This game will have a very fun training system, missions will be encoroprated, you can do tasks for your civilization to gain an increase in experience which will be used on the skill-tree to unlock traits and customize new skills (these skills will have an enormous range of possibilities, so again, creativity is key). AFK training will not be possible, eliminating any possible abuse from players. A random mission would be something like a stay Saibamen killing off the slave workers down in the Saiyan mines, and it is your task to exterminate the threat. Once it is dead, the Saiyan would recieve a power bonus, experience bonus, and some money, the harder the task, the larger the bonuses. As for the combat system, it will have a lock-on feature and players will utilize various combo's to pull of their attacks, which will be very fun and invigorating, majority of KI attacks will be directed by the mouse for fluid motion.

This is only a small bit about the project, I am sure many other aspects will be just as interesting, which you can always ask me about if you join. As a member, you will be continously updated and considered a key part of our team, just like everyone else.

Now, to show you that progress is actually being made and this project isn't merely hype-

Some of the art

The backround log-in screen

Much more has been done then this, about 200 icons and a great deal of code, in merely two or so weeks.

What I need from you-
    You will need to work at a moderate pace, actually get assigned work done in a realistic amount of time. I don't expect you to keep up with me, as one of the owners, I will be putting full effort into this. I do however want you to pride yourself in your work, and the game that you are helping create. You will need a decent amount of skill, we are not interested in training pixelists, we want someone that can provide good work for our high quality game.

What am I looking for-
    I do not mind what type of pixelist you are, be it a turf artist, creating buildings, GFX, techniques, whatever, all I ask is that you are good at what you do. However, someone with a range of skills would be great.

What do you recieve-
    I do not know what is better then helping to create a fresh game on BYOND, I see so many horrible rips that plague this section, you will help give the section a better name along with the other titles. And, of course, full credit for your work, you will become a long-term member, one of the founders of this game. Your art will be mixed with other high-quality work and beautiful gameplay, a pleasure to see. Finally, as one of the people that help bring the game to life, you will be given an administration role, I feel it is best that the creators of the game tend to all of it's matters. Although, pixelling is very different from being an admin, and if you abuse your power, it is only right that we remove you. I do believe anyone of a decent maturity (which we are looking for) should be able to handle an administration role with no trouble, but this is not always the case. Other future games that will not be anime based will be profitable, and believe me, a good profit, my friend made 9k out of his game and you will recieve a good share as part of our team, if you help us develop such a future game.

If you are interested, contact me at...

MSN- [email protected]
    AIM- EternalETC

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back