• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragonfree's ilcoeth sprite thread, featuring shadow legendaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2008
    Yeah, I haven't been spriting recently, have I? My sprite mood tends to come in random bursts with very far between them. In particular, what I will showcase today is a perfect example, because yesterday I made shadow (as in XD001 shadow) versions of all 34 legendaries and Deoxys' three alternate forms.

Why? Because I was implementing shadow legendaries into the Zodiac on my site, and since there are obviously no official sprites of them, I had to make them myself. Which I did. And then there's this Snorlax that I'd made before. The basic idea of XD001-style shadow Pokémon is that they are recolored purple and bluish-gray, given glowing red eyes and edited slightly to look more sinister, mostly by making various parts of them pointier. Some of the legendaries I edited a lot. Others very little. (The Regis don't even have eyes, which was problematic.) Mostly that depends on how much editing they needed to look believably like soulless killing machines. Some of them still don't. If you have ideas for those, by all means tell me.

Some of them don't look all that good with the colors, either, and I'd appreciate any suggestions to fix that. I've been considering inverting Registeel, for instance (i.e. so that the armor is gray and the body is purple), and Palkia's patterns might have to be removed or something to make it look good.

So, without any further ado:
    (I had to delete these when i quote you)

Yeah. All comments and suggestions appreciated.

EDIT: ...oookay, then what's this deal in the rules about how only twenty sprites can be posted in one post? o_O Not that I'm complaining.
    Can you make me back sprites (you know, the ones that you see when you are using them) for the Mew, Mewtwo, Celebi, Raikou, Lugia, and Suicune?
    Cause i really love your sprites, and i want to use them in a pokemon video that i am making.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back