• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragonfree's ilcoeth sprite thread, featuring shadow legendaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
Years
  • Yeah, I haven't been spriting recently, have I? My sprite mood tends to come in random bursts with very far between them. In particular, what I will showcase today is a perfect example, because yesterday I made shadow (as in XD001 shadow) versions of all 34 legendaries and Deoxys' three alternate forms.

Why? Because I was implementing shadow legendaries into the Zodiac on my site, and since there are obviously no official sprites of them, I had to make them myself. Which I did. And then there's this Snorlax that I'd made before. The basic idea of XD001-style shadow Pokémon is that they are recolored purple and bluish-gray, given glowing red eyes and edited slightly to look more sinister, mostly by making various parts of them pointier. Some of the legendaries I edited a lot. Others very little. (The Regis don't even have eyes, which was problematic.) Mostly that depends on how much editing they needed to look believably like soulless killing machines. Some of them still don't. If you have ideas for those, by all means tell me.

Some of them don't look all that good with the colors, either, and I'd appreciate any suggestions to fix that. I've been considering inverting Registeel, for instance (i.e. so that the armor is gray and the body is purple), and Palkia's patterns might have to be removed or something to make it look good.

So, without any further ado:

shadowsnorlax.png
    shadowarticuno.png
    shadowzapdos.png
    shadowmoltres.png
    shadowmewtwo.png
    shadowmew.png

shadowraikou.png
    shadowentei.png
    shadowsuicune.png
    shadowlugia.png
    shadowhooh.png
    shadowcelebi.png

shadowregirock.png
    shadowregice.png
    shadowregisteel.png
    shadowkyogre.png
    shadowgroudon.png
    shadowrayquaza.png
    shadowlatias.png
    shadowlatios.png
    shadowjirachi.png
    shadowdeoxys.png
    shadowdeoxys-fr.png
    shadowdeoxys-lg.png
    shadowdeoxys-em.png

shadowuxie.png
    shadowmesprit.png
    shadowazelf.png
    shadowdialga.png
    shadowpalkia.png
    shadowgiratina.png
    shadowregigigas.png
    shadowcresselia.png
    shadowheatran.png
    shadowmanaphy.png
    shadowdarkrai.png
    shadowshaymin.png
    shadowarceus.png

Yeah. All comments and suggestions appreciated.

EDIT: ...oookay, then what's this deal in the rules about how only twenty sprites can be posted in one post? o_O Not that I'm complaining.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey Dragonfree, welcome back! Haven't seen you active in a while. By the way, all that is coming up is broken image tags (Or is it just me?).

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    They all look really cool, you should try that on some really happy pokemon like Jigglypuff and Togepi.

Zehna

Pokemon Artist
    Years
  • A more de-saturated purple would make them look a bit more evil. Bright colors bring things to life but because they're evil, I'm thinking maybe a bit darker would be better.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • As far as I can see, Dialga was the one you needed to edit the least. XD

Good job on the Regis. Love how you recoloured them.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
  • Okay, so I've been trying to sprite my fake Scyther pre-evolution Descith.

First I made this:

descith.png
    >
    123scyther.png

But it looked too big (around the same size as the actual D/P Scyther as shown beside it) and rather creepy and had a weird pose. So I just started again and made this:

descith2.png

But it was seriously tiny. So then I basically resized it and then made a rough pixel-over of that, and got this:

descith3.png

But I don't like the face. ><;

Opinions?

Oh, and a shadow Raichu that I made after somebody e-mailed me and asked me to make one. Before you ask, I don't normally do requests that people e-mail to me, but I felt like making this one. It was a rather rushed job and already as I'm looking at it again I really think I should have done more with it.

shadowraichu.png

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • i really like your sprites, espically the descith, very creative, you should go into akemon, imo

Zorin

Pixies Dance
    Years
  • Your shadow pokemon are very nice, not much too comment on though.
    Scyther pre is nice too, but his right leg could use some work imo. I'm not an expert at anatomy but it looks weird to me. I really like the shading on it.

DrakO

<3 PT Lover
    Years
  • I love your Dark Legends! Untill now I had only seen the Dark Lugia, but now I love your sprite technique!

I look forward to see more of your work!

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2017
    Those dark legends are wonderful, they are only recolors but they seem like more that just that..

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    That's because parts of them are edits.

I really like the Mew, it looks completely the opposite of the usual fluffball, however I don't like the idea of Shadow Pokemon on a whole, so I won't say anything else.

Years
  • I really like the Mew, and any of them that had more custom edits, and I think Jirachi is particularly evil. x3

FWEE, DESCITH!!!!!! ^_^ I love the pose on the second/third one. I remember doodling that pose quite a bit on some of my art homework last year. xD (Btw I like the sprite better than the pic--I think it looks cuter when the upper part of the body is smaller than the lower part, if that makes sense.)

~Chibi~

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2011
    I just adore the mesprit, it looks so evil. Good work on all of them.

Bellomence

Dragon Rider
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    There are not much to rate because all of them are very beautiful already, and you said you're only making the Legendary Pokemons evil, but why do you have to make the Snorlax devil ?

P.S, and also you made Scyther a Pokemon Reaper and even making a Raichu devil ? Anyhow, all of them are AWESOME. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back