• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragonight Moveset

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    This is my favourite:

Dragonite@Leftovers
    ? Nature
    -Rockslide
    -Ice Beam
    -Dragon Dance?
    -Thunderbolt/Aerial Ace

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Dude, i know Lugialord, he's my nooby pokemon friend. *points to friends list.
    He asks these silly questions so he can raise his post count....
    I am starting to believe this. Honestly, how can you say that moveset is your "favorite" when you don't have a nature and cannot decide the last slot? Quite perplexing.

Mullet gave the best moveset for Nite, as usual. An alternate moveset that I also like is DDnite:

Dragonite @ Leftovers
    Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
    - Aerial Ace
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Thunder

Some argue that Fire Blast is better. Competitively yes, but I like Thunder more in-game.

Squarewalker

Have a nice day.
    Years
  • That set is in no way the best, Mullet, seriously. Dragonite cannot setup a Sub against anything other than on a switch.. to Metagross or Swampert which will both brake the Sub with ease next turn while you hit them for some damage, and yay, you just wasted 25% of Dragonite's hp, while you could have just T-bolted or Focus Punched on the switch instead. HP Grass (or HP Fly) over Sub makes that set alot better, but (imo) it's still inferior to the set shanecdavis posted. And no, Fire Blast isn't better than Thunder on that set competitively, as Thunder hits Milotic and Suicune on the switch, which wall Dragonite otherwise. Though competitively I find Focus Punch to be more useful on that set than Earthquake, as it takes out a nice chunk from Swampert on the switch, and makes those Ice Beam Blisseys, Regices and Snorlaxen think twice before switching in as well, though Metagross becomes somewhat of a problem then, but not a big one.

So basically yeah, use the set shanecdavis posted.

Oh and Lugialord, Dragonite doesn't learn Rock Slide.

np: Dream Theater - Hollow Years

Have a nice day.

Back