• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragons

Tw1tch

Amateur Dragon Breeder
    Years
    What Pokemon would you consider dragons? Obviously Dragon-type Pokemon and those in the Dragon egg group are dragons, but are there others you'd say are dragons?

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Lugia, definately. Arcanine has a bit of a Dragon-like appearance. Maybe Tyranitar.
    I wouldn't see Kangaskhan, Ampharos and Scyther as Dragons though.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Ampharos's Japanese name does mean "Electric dragon".

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Wow, no one's mentioned Gyarados or Milotic, or are they in the Dragon Egg group? I don't have my guide with me.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    Well, I'd say any Pokemon that resembles a classical dragon (wings, reptilian physique, etc.) would be in the group if it were up to me. Pokemon like Treecko and Seviper seem more like regular reptiles than dragons, so who knows why they're in the egg group (I never understood Pokemon breeding anyway, so...).

I can't really think of a Pokemon that I would consider a Dragon type that already isn't one. Maybe Lapras because of its plesiosaur-like characteristics. And since Rayquaza is a Dragon type, maybe we could add Milotic in there...their body shapes are sort of the same...XD

~Kelsey

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Charizard
    Charmeleon
    Charmander
    Gayrados
    Lapras
    Ampharos

All of these have very dragon-like Qualities, especially Charizard and Gayrados.

Tw1tch

Amateur Dragon Breeder
    Years
    Yeah, I wanted to see other people's opinions before posting my own. Personally, I thought Aerodactyl and Tyranitar could be considered dragons. Hmm, let's see...

Other Pokemon
    Kecleon - Reptile, yes, but dragon, no
    Squirtle - nah, a reptile but not a dragon
    Bulbasaur - same issue
    Torkoal - nuh-uh
    Ampharos - Yeah, totally (from sheep to dragon? I've seen weirder things)
    Larvitar - yeah, a baby dragon
    Lugia - good possibility
    Ho-oh - If Altaria can be a dragon and a bird, maybe Ho-oh could be one as well

Back