• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Drekin's Photos/Graphics

Drekin

We all live in a...
Years
  • All of my photography (excluding one photo) is from a vacation to Seattle, Washington in 2008. I used a Canon PowerShot SD900.
    Photography
    Plants
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The thorny bush was taken at a park near my house and the rest are from Seattle, Washington.

Misc.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It has been over 2 years since I took these pictures so I can't really remember the names of the waterfalls or the lakes. (One is called Lake Crescent but I don't know which picture it is)

Graphics
    I only have one for now and I'll try to make a few before college starts again.

Well it looks like Photobucket is doing something weird again and it's making my picture huge. I'll post it tomorrow.

Years
  • OMG YAY! Someone new who is into photography!
    First off welcome! :3

Lovely pictures, I must say.
    I am going to review every photo and try and give you some feedback on them, so if they don't point out any good aspects, it is because I am just giving you constructive criticism! They are lovely pictures to begin with.

First Picture
    Lovely picture. Loving the depth of field in this. One thing I would pick at is the lighting. It seems a little off to me, you have the sun killing the right hand side of the plant and the immediate front being a little dark. ISO change next time maybe?

Second Picture
    Picture seems a little messy to me. Top left of your picture is a tad blurry and the lighting is a little strange. Maybe something should have been the center of attention?

Third Picture
    Although nice idea, lighting and focus is off. The left hand side of the plant is out of focus and it seems very dark for what it should have been.

Forth Picture
    Interesting picture, however, I think it would have looked nice if all of them were in focus, but the background was out. Depth of field would make this stunning.

Fifth Picture
    I actually like this picture. The two blurred twigs on either side of the shot make it nicely framed in an odd but interesting way. Good effort.

Sixth Picture
    Again, lovely picture. Framed nicely and lighting right in my opinion.

Seventh Picture
    Nice idea, but what annoys me about this picture is the bottom left hand side. What ever it is, it annoys me and brings my eyes there, instead of the beautiful setting.

Eighth Picture
    This might just be me, but the outlines of the landscape look fuzzy. Any reason for this?

Ninth Picture
    Again, might be me, but the outlines look blurry. Were these pictures taken with a different camera to your previous?

Tenth Picture
    Nice picture. However, the levelling is off. As you can see with the bridge, it is slanted. Straightening up the shot would make this near perfect.

Eleventh Picture
    Nice lighting and such, but it is a little off center. Don't know if that was what you were going for, but makes the picture feel lob-sided to me.

Twelfth Picture
    Lovely picture. The mountains are beautiful and that snow covered peeks! Stunning.

Thirteenth Picture
    Sky seems a little milky and colourless to me. Seems like the light from the sky is gushing into the lens too much. Change in shutter speed maybe?

Fourteenth Picture
    Much like the tenth, the levelling of this picture is off, so makes me feel like it is just lob-sided. And if I am honest, it isn't exactly that interesting if I am honest. Maybe finding an aspect of that site and focusing on that?

Hope I wasn't too harsh, they are a nice bunch of photos. How come it has been 2 years since you took them? You not been interested in taking more pictures or?​

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
  • Seventh Picture
    Nice idea, but what annoys me about this picture is the bottom left hand side. What ever it is, it annoys me and brings my eyes there, instead of the beautiful setting.
    It was either part of that exhibit or a big group of people with matching highlighter green shirts. (I still remember that because they were always near us when we were walking around the aquarium lol)

Hope I wasn't too harsh, they are a nice bunch of photos.
    I was kind of expecting it because I know I was really inexperienced at the time lol. The only setting I knew on my camera at the time to improve my pictures was the Macro/Infinity, plus I didn't know anything at all about the Principles of Art like I do now.
    That should show why I had problems in almost all of the pictures.

How come it has been 2 years since you took them? You not been interested in taking more pictures or?
    There's not much that interests me enough to take pictures of around where I live. The only thing I really take pictures of anymore is my cats, visiting family members, and the occasional wildlife in my backyard.

Thanks for the feedback. I had a feeling you were going to be the first post after looking at some of the other threads.

Years
  • It was either part of that exhibit or a big group of people with matching highlighter green shirts. (I still remember that
    There's not much that interests me enough to take pictures of around where I live. The only thing I really take pictures of anymore is my cats, visiting family members, and the occasional wildlife in my backyard.

Thanks for the feedback. I had a feeling you were going to be the first post after looking at some of the other threads.

I hear what you are saying, where I live, there isn't too much breath-taking scenery or such, so it is hard to make stunning pictures out of things that aren't stunning at all!

And you know it. Haha, I can't help it if photography is a big hobby. If you need any help, feel free to look at the topic I made at the top of this board. Might learn some stuff you didn't know, you might not, but could be worth a look.

Good luck.​

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
  • I thought my thread got deleted but I guess it just got archived.

Here's pretty much the only thing I can take pictures of around here Fabio :D

All of the pictures in this post were taken in my backyard.

Marigolds 1
    Spoiler:

This the only decent (not blurry) picture of the white flowers I could get while trying to avoid getting stung by bees lol. I might take more of the white ones once they bloom again.
    Spoiler:

I'll edit my post later with the name of these flowers.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Marigolds 2
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

This is definitely my favorite picture I've taken in a long time. I ran to the bush when I saw it land and I only got one picture in before it flew off again. It looks even better full-size. I'll have to post a link of that later.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back