• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DS flash card help (M3, G6, R4, etc)

Years
    Well, to start, my younger brother recently curb-stomped my DS lite (don't ask). Now, neither the device or the ds game (Diamond) in it will function. I thought about buying a psp and running pokemon emulators on it, but I recently discovered the existence of DS flash cards whose functions will suit me just fine. Although the whole thing is kinda complicated and I need a bit of advice. If anyone here has experience with the thing, help would be greatly appreciated.

Mostly, the thing I want it to do would be run GBC roms and, if possible, SNES roms. If it can do that with reliable performance, that would be great. Also, I heard of some being able to run internet browsers on the DS, which would be awesome because I don't want to spend $30 for a stupid native browser.

Which flash-card, out of the many (the ones I keep reading of are the M3, the G6, and the R4) would best suit my needs? Thanks in advance

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    GBC and SNES emulation on the DS does exist except SNES emulation is far from flawless. GBC games can be emulated by Lameboy and SNES games can be emulated by SNEmulDS.

If you want a flashcart for just those needs, any cheap flashcart will suffice. The ones I can recommend that you can get for a cheap price on the internet are the Acekard2 and the EDGE. There are several internet browsers on the DS but the most reliable is the official Nintendo DS Browser which will work if you buy a slot-2 flashcart or an expansion pack with built-in RAM that can substitute over the official expansion slot. The homebrew internet browsers aren't very good in my opinion.

Years
    best bet is m3 mostly because you can get much more AND you can play the newest games coming out

if your going to get a psp look for the 1000 series because the 3000 series is almost unhackable and i think you need a hacked psp to run emulators

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    Depends on your budget, for low end games (like lameboy) that don't use much memory effort just go with a TTDS, has SDHC support + most games.
    i personally recommend Deal Extreme, 11.40 for everything. Takes a while to deliver so you gotta be patient though. I'm still waiting for my order.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2016
    I'd have to say that m3ds real unless you want to play homebrews then get the CycloDS. But don't go just on what we say look at gbatemp.net/ it has all you need reviews, firmware and homebrews quite reliable source of info.

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
    Years
    Personally, I would get the Acekard2 if I were you, or get the Acekard2i if you want a Nintendo DSi, both flashcarts are excellent, they are able to run emulators, has good third party support and many more.

Back