• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DS Flash Cart-Backup GBA...patch GBA?

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    With the homebrew program backuptool v0.21, I am able to take my GBA saves onto the computer and play on an emulator. Then I can put data back on to the game, just changing the save though.

Hacks are also a change in data.

Would it be possible to patch a legit cartridge of fire red for example, with zel's shiny gold hack? This isn't really requesting someone to do it(but that would be cool too) but merely asking if it's possible.

If it matters the backup tool is open sourced.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah that's true, but that would be checked by the patcher if it existed I guess, I mean it shouldn't be hard to figure out what the final file size would be.

Though this is probably all just a dream :(

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    I have fire red, and emerald. Patching a game and replacing it are different, try reading next time T_T

Oh and it's actually 30$ buddy.

Pingouin_7

And anyway, do you see any "restore ROM" option?

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    @CheeseSlayer This wasn't a request sort of thread it was just supposed to be a discussion on the idea posted, someone once said, it's not the final result, but it's how you achieved it.

@Pingouin Yeah I realized it's read only last night haha, well it could have been left out because it was too complicated to be fair :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    dude you can download perfect game copys now except HG/SS I have used em for about 2 years now no need to mess around.

Just search download (insert game here) ROM and just seach the 1st page of google and download simple as.

I even got emerald

Back