• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen DS / GBA Question

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    If I played a GBA Pokemon game on the DS, would I be able to link up to a GBA to trade between them using a link up cable? Or would I have to invest in two other GBA consoles so I could trade between generations and then play the game on the DS?

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2008
    Yes you can link up to another GBA pokemon game but it's better off if you leave your pokemon in the GBA pokemon game and if you have pokemon Diamond/Pearl, you should beat the game and defeat the elite four and then you can migrate all of your pokemon from the GBA pokemon game into the pokemon Diamond/Pearl.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    *sigh* Pokemon Trainer, he wasn't asking if he could link it up with D/P...

Unfortunately, crocadilius, no, you can't link up a DS with a GBA (be it SP or not), simply because the DS doesn't have the port required to plug in the traditional Game Boy Advance Link Cable.

Back