• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DSi Wi-Fi Question

theanimal160

The 160th Animal.
    Years
    This question specifically has to do with just the DSi.

Does the DSi support WPA encryption? Meaning, can I connect to the internet via a router with WPA encryption on it? And if I can, is it by default or do I have to change some settings on it to get it to work?

Thanks.

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    idk about the DSi but assuming its the same as the DS lite that would be a no. Its my understanding they only work with WEP and you have to change the settings on the Router Manuelly. P.S. just a heads up some ppl might get on you since threads about wifi help r suppose to go in a differant thread. I did the same thing too=P So dont be surprised ur kinda new tho so its no biggie

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    This question specifically has to do with just the DSi.

Does the DSi support WPA encryption? Meaning, can I connect to the internet via a router with WPA encryption on it? And if I can, is it by default or do I have to change some settings on it to get it to work?

Thanks.

It does support WPA. However, that does not mean DS games support it. Currently, only the DSi firmware and DSiWare support WPA.

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    Oh okay gotcha sorry im not quite up to date with all the new technology haha

Back