• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dual-Typed and Modified-Type moves.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2021
    What are your thoughts on Dual-Typed and Modified-Type moves, like Flying Press and Freeze Dry, being in the game?

Personally, I like this idea but this needs to be done in moderation. Overuse of this feature will lead to the over complication of the type chart, as things will start hitting for obscene levels of SE damage if things like Flying/Fire typed moves exist and general unbalance if distributed widely. That said, I would like to see more of these kinds of moves:

Acid and Acid Spray (Poison): Are SE against Steel instead of Steel being immune.
    Thanks to the corrosive properties of these two moves, this simple change can help the weaker Poison types shine more. The addition of the Steel type was Poison's biggest nerf, both ingame in in competitive, thanks to their complete immunity to STAB and Poison greatly affecting their ability to wear them down. With this buff, many of the weaker Poison types will be seeing more usage in general now that Steels have to think twice before being used to sponge the incoming Toxic. On addition, none of the stronger Poison types except Tentacruel and Dragagle learn these moves; minimizing any potential issues regarding the move. Klefki and Ferrothorn, both of which are generally considered to be really good pokemon, are the only existing pokemon that these two moves hit for 4x damage and therefore they must be weary of that move.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
    Years
  • I really think that Muddy Water should be a dual Water/Ground type move. It makes so much sense to me since it's basically water and dirt mixed together, and it'll help make it less like surf. (They have the exact same animation just with a different color.)

Also I feel Scald should be super-effective on Ice types, if it's capable of burning something then it's definitely able to melt ice. If you throw an ice cube in a pot of boiling water it'll melt in seconds. It makes perfect sense.

By the way I really like your idea about Acid and Acid spray, it makes perfect sense to me. Though Acid is pretty useless competitively, Acid Spray could be useful since it guarantees a -2 Sp. Defense drop.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2016
    Self-Destruct and Explosion could also do 50% Normal Physical damage, and 50% Fire Special damage. That could be interesting.

I had the exact same thought about Acid Spray

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I think keeping track of type effectiveness is enough of a challenge to players as it is. No need to make things more complicated with multi-type moves.

So no, I do not like this.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Scald defiantly should be 2x against ice since you put ice on a boiling water the ice evaporates quickly

Mega Punch and Mega Kick as these moves are fighting animation it should be normal/fighting.

Maybe Comet Punch should be Steel/Normal alias comet is a meteor thing, just like meteor mash is part of steel-typing.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Scald defiantly should be 2x against ice since you put ice on a boiling water the ice evaporates quickly

Mega Punch and Mega Kick as these moves are fighting animation it should be normal/fighting.

Maybe Comet Punch should be Steel/Normal alias comet is a meteor thing, just like meteor mash is part of steel-typing.

See this is what I don't get about it. Why do Mega Punch/Kick have to still be normal? If it becomes a fighting move, then there's no reason to keep the normal type tacked on there. Same thing with Comet Punch, why keep it normal?

Also, ice in hot water will melt first, not evaporate. ;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2021
    I don't get those rehashes to normal as proposed either, but provided that they are done right and not excessively (as well as within logic); these types of moves can beneficial to the game as a whole. What GF has done regarding the subject so far is right and I think they should continue with it. I mean, what's wrong with Freeze Dry and Flying Press (well, maybe that is pushing it a little)?

Back