• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dubbed anime prompts school fights!

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2012
    Well,at my school theres a japanese who happen to really like anime,some people were talking about how stupied anime is in general so 3 punks were talking about how gay anime is and doing stupied expressions and insulting it then going up to everyone who likes "anime" then harrassing them(I nearly dissed them back but i didnt want to fight) then when they went to a japanese kid reading tsuabasa renersvior(I dont know the name...) which the manga was in kanji and after the punks finished insulting him,when they were off guard cuz nobody started a fight with them becuase people had better things to do,the japanese kid Punched 1 of them in the stomuch(didnt spell correctly) then kicked the other one in the balls.He got suspended but if I were him,It'd be worth it!

I remember the quote of the guy after the punks were on the floor!

"The reason theres such **** and bullcrap in the world is becuase of damned IDIOTS like you,and the ****en racist white-man trying to hide other cultures!4kids and both of you can go to hell.Now excuse me but I have to be a "geek" and read my anime.*starts chuckling*In the end you so called "cool" guys got beat up by a nerd.How does it make you feel now,SHRIMP"

Then he walks away and gets respect by some kids becuase hes strong.
    Pretty much proof eh?Japan is to good to move away from and thats why there isnt many japanese people here.

Excuse my grammer but I am both tired and rushing!

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • This may be a mod post; but I'm not closing it, so I'm going to reply.

You realise that people get beaten up all the time? They get beaten up for having glasses, hell; so I should stop wearing glasses because I've seen other kids wearing glasses be hit by them, right? This is no justification. I also hate you how you imply that the fact the kid was Japanese caused him to be violent, or that he was reading manga [particularly Tsubasa, which isn't violently-focused o_O It has fight scenes, but it's not based on fighting, there's a lot more violent/inappropriate out there] was the reason. God, the Japanese are pretty peaceful, all things considered. Anime comes from Japan; why shouldn't the kid like it? Do you like video games? Guess what? Koopa Pride is a Mario reference. Mario comes from Japan. Stop playing video games if you really think Japan is so evil.

Considering you are quoting someone, I won't warn you for it -- but be aware that using the word 'gay' to mean anything but homosexual/happy is not tolerated at PC. I personally warn everyone who commits that offence.

It's Tsubasa RESERVoir Chronicle, I think. Not sure on the capitalisation. And the manga being in Japanese is totally irrelevant. o_O;

You know what's funny? They're the ones who started the fight, and yet you're blaming the Japanese kid for this. =/ I think the fact you're using something that they said as justification proves how pathetic your logic is. I don't think what the kid who punched them did was right; but I also don't think what they did is right.

I don't think what the Japanese guy said was right, either; if I was there, I'd have gone right up to him and owned him [verbally]. But you are also an offender here; you are promoting racism because of the action of what one Japanese kid did, and don't tell me Americans, etc. don't do it.

In conclusion? Move away from America if Japan is so bad.

*moved to the Japanese forum, where it's RELEVANT*

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • If you like anime that much in a school who hates it, then the answer is simple. Just dont talk about it. If its gonna get you beat up, then dont talk about it, it isnt that hard to do -.-'

Last edited:
    Years
  • This almost happened to me once, as someone insulted a favorite dub of mine, but you got to go with Teresa. Most of the time, if you define yourself, you will be singled out as many will disagree. Fortunately, once you're in college, you'll be revered for your anime knowledge, but now, got to conform as a survival issue.

I grew up during the anime boom in the 90's, I know whereof I speak.

And teenagers...who can figure them out. As for the Japanese teen, hey, that's school policy -- you're not allowed to fight back. It's frustrating, but it's the truth and the fact the teen kinda fought dirty isn't helping his case here. Hope I didn't repeat myself.

Years
    • Age 35
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 26, 2007
    I think you guys were misunderstanding him. I didn;t see it as this guy beating the a**hats up BECAUSE he was Japanese and an anime lover, but he beat them up BECAUSE they were making fun of him for being an anime and manga lover. And to that, all I can say is: "Right on brotha!"

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2011
    This may be a mod post; but I'm not closing it, so I'm going to reply.

You realise that people get beaten up all the time? They get beaten up for having glasses, hell; so I should stop wearing glasses because I've seen other kids wearing glasses be hit by them, right? This is no justification. I also hate you how you imply that the fact the kid was Japanese caused him to be violent, or that he was reading manga [particularly Tsubasa, which isn't violently-focused o_O It has fight scenes, but it's not based on fighting, there's a lot more violent/inappropriate out there] was the reason. God, the Japanese are pretty peaceful, all things considered. Anime comes from Japan; why shouldn't the kid like it? Do you like video games? Guess what? Koopa Pride is a Mario reference. Mario comes from Japan. Stop playing video games if you really think Japan is so evil.

Considering you are quoting someone, I won't warn you for it -- but be aware that using the word 'gay' to mean anything but homosexual/happy is not tolerated at PC. I personally warn everyone who commits that offence.

It's Tsubasa RESERVoir Chronicle, I think. Not sure on the capitalisation. And the manga being in Japanese is totally irrelevant. o_O;

You know what's funny? They're the ones who started the fight, and yet you're blaming the Japanese kid for this. =/ I think the fact you're using something that they said as justification proves how pathetic your logic is. I don't think what the kid who punched them did was right; but I also don't think what they did is right.

I don't think what the Japanese guy said was right, either; if I was there, I'd have gone right up to him and owned him [verbally]. But you are also an offender here; you are promoting racism because of the action of what one Japanese kid did, and don't tell me Americans, etc. don't do it.

In conclusion? Move away from America if Japan is so bad.

*moved to the Japanese forum, where it's RELEVANT*

And you're...12? That's amazing. I'd expect you to be 16 or 17. You've shattered all of the age discriminations in my mind. I'm never going to judge somebody by there age again.

Anyway, this entire story is not "proof" of anything except your bad spelling and how oddly stupid your mind works.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
  • Wow, just wow. =/

This doesn't prove anything. Why are you trying to tell people to repel themselves from the Japanese people? It wasn't even the child's fault. By how you speak, he was minding his own buisiness til 3 bullies tried to show off.

As Hiyori-chan said, what the kid did was neither right or wrong in opinions, but the bullies had no reason to bother him. Did he start the insulting? No. Stop drawing a picture where it was the Japanese kid's fault, and implying racism. If you play any sort of Mario, Legend of Zelda, Metroid game (etc), that comes from Japan as Hiyori-chan already said. If you don't like the products or more importantly the people, don't associate with them. It's simple.

Your logic astounds me you know. >>

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2011
    Wait, wait, hang on. We're getting this person's message wrong. Heh, just realised. He's congratulating the Japanese boy (He got suspended but if I were him,It'd be worth it!), and saying that Japan is too good to move away from, and that's why there aren't many on this board.

Sorry I got the message a little mixed up at first.

Years
  • Good on the kid! (Probaly older than me so older child..) I know violence doesn't solve anything, but so many people in today's society think they are at the top of the social scale because they're "Cool." Glad to see people still stand up for their beliefs, glad to see anime is defended and not hidden because people find it "nerdy".

And it just shows how schools ignore the true idiots, the ones who do the harrasing.. I know there's been days I want to lash out, but I'm not violent..

Too many people deny who they really are. If you like anime, or anything for that matter, why hide it?

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Too many people deny who they really are. If you like anime, or anything for that matter, why hide it?

I toatally agree with that, does it really matter if you like something that someone whould consider nerdy and why should someone make fun of you because you like it? If I started speaking about (this is just an example) pokemon at my school then everyone there would take the piss out of me which I think is wrong as why should other people care about what I bealive in? I am glad that the kid stood up for himself as if it were me I probabley wouldn't have done anything but if I did do what that kid had done then I am sure that my dad would be complaining that I am only defending what I bealive in.

Back