• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Duel masters

which is your favorite civilisation?

• Fire

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Light

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Nature

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Darkness

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Water

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    No different than a Yugioh exodia deck. If you hit it hard where it's trying to stall, it won't work. My Fire Light deck could probably take it down. It woudl work better thoguht with my metal wing sky terror back in there. maybe some tornado flames.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Blue shorter than water
    black shorter than darkness
    white/yellow is neutral/longer to light
    red is shorter than fire
    green is shorter than nature

Simple enough, I'll just pick the shorter. :P

If you haven't noticed, "blue" can be used in many other card games, but likely games nobody's heard of (like that game that died. Crap I forgot its name, but it also had 5 "types".).

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Water is a word that jsut spills off the tongue, so it's just as easy to say as blue. same with fire, adn light is faster to say than yellow, and is equally as fast as white. nature is fairly easy to say, and the only one that is truley faster to say is black for darkness.

And it's not magic, meaning you can't use magic terms to it. They call it a "Nature" card, not a green card. its "fire", not red. "Darkness", not black. " Light", not white. " water" not blue. frankly the DM way sounds much cooler than some stupid color wheel MtG uses. :\

and Blue is never used anywhere other than magic. Just cause it can doesn't mean it does. Because guess what: It's not magic, so they don't use it's terminology. I hate having to remind you of that. :\

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    See that's where we differ. Recall that I have always been saying that DM has is entire basis on magic. Heck, it uses the same colour wheel becuse certain R&D members are too lazy to design a new one.

Remember that magic had its basis on another card game and used ITS terminology. Blue retained its name as blue, etc. It's not the same game, but the terminology is the same.

So seriously, as long as you know what I'm talking about, I don't think it matters really that much. I mean it's bothering you so much and like-wise I wouldn't care if you play magic and start calling the colours by DM terms (just don't do it anywhere else, you'll get roasted. It's not like Duel Masters where you can get away with using magic terms.). Quite often DM players know the colours whereas magic players don't know their DM equivelent.

Okay. Also, if you're going to design cards for DM, you need to learn at least the colour wheel, since DM follows the colour wheel 100% of the time (actually at times magic follows DM. For example in the case of holy awe's mass tapping ability is now a regular portion of white, which only had single tapping before). The two games interact with each other more than anybody thinks here, but apparently it's "not good enough".

Essentially what I'm saying is that I'm not going to memorize more terms than I need to memorize. If the two games are similar enough (in this case, it is), then I'll just "merge" the terminologies together. and no, it's not the same game. I never said it was, but you'll just have to live with it. I hate having to remind you that.

Bakura-kun

I AM the darkness... :P
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    I'm not much of a Duel Masters fan, but I have a *few* cards (No-one to play it with so no point collecting really. I focus on yu-gi-oh n_n), but I like darkness most, since dark is my element (hence my name YAMIchi ;))

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Someone put a really short time limit on that poll. I didn't get a chance to vote. :( I would have voted Darkness, as that is my element. Bwahahaha! :badsmile:. Cower before my darkling powers of chaos and destruction! (:P)

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
    Years
    Certainly Light or Darkness. Though I'd prefer Darkness since thats the deck I use. (And I have about 5 light cards =/) Death Smoke, Terror Pit, Gigabero (Not that bad actually, especially when you have a bombersaur running around somewhere you might be able to stop your opp to play another tornado flame if thats the case), or even a Dark Titan maginn, which is truly a good card, seeing as its a 6-mana card with 4000 power and instead of something like horrid worm, as it survives and attacks, its like a continous horrid worm with 4000 power, but really, the best bet is marrow ooze the twister, for its 1 mana cost for a blocker, you won't realy have a 1000-power creature attacking though it uses 1 mana and gives you spares to summon other creatures, then again avoiding them from getting destroyed, I'd say thats a useful card usually in the middle of the game where you have about 5 or 7 mana placed down thats a great time to chuck in some double breakers and marrow oze.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    If you want true darkness power, you want Jack Viper, Shadow of Doom. AKA, The Recycler. While he's on your side of the feild, every darkness creature that is sent from the battle zone on your side of the field to the graveyard goes back to your hand instead. Hence recycler. :D Then there is Critical blade, which no descent darkness deck should be without, the terrible power of Terror Pit, The boosting power of Shadow Moon, Cursed Shade, and the draw power of Mongrel Man. Darkness really knows where it's at! :D

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
    Years
    Darkness PWN'Z
    XD But really, I god-amned need some light cards, i mean, how hard is it to get some light cards? Im really out of luck here, when I got new cards, the others go missing. >_>

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    I have some good lihgt cards, although they are few since I've been doing a lot of trades rescently. I have ladia bale, gran gure, and four holy awes. PLus some other cards I can't think of right now. BUt darkness is still my favorite. :D

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
    Years
    Yeah, I too have the gren gure that doesnt loook so cool =\
    Well at least i have Alcadeias, thanks to some arabian guy, and thats one part of my collection im not denying >_>. Fire has a lot more double breakers than dark, well what I have seen that appeared to me.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    MiNuN* said:
    Yeah, I too have the gren gure that doesnt loook so cool =\
    Well at least i have Alcadeias, thanks to some arabian guy, and thats one part of my collection im not denying >_>. Fire has a lot more double breakers than dark, well what I have seen that appeared to me.

a 9000 blocker is pretty hard to deny. He's cooler than you think. Aladeias is nice, but what I want is Ballom, Master of Darkness. An evolution of demon commands, his attack is 12000, double breaker, and when he hits the field all non-dark creatures are immediately destroyed. Hard to deny that. :D

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
    Years
    What the f***? OMG. Lol if you get that card you can easily OWN me man. Well, problem is, I want something like ladia bale, that is both blocker and can attack, unlike gren gure that cant attack =\ Well at least I got way more light cards now, woo my deck is now fire and light (since some light cards kills dark cards and I dont wanna team kill myself). THOUGH, i got a card today called Chaotic Skyterror, and it will be great help for you if you had it, if you have that and some demon commands, your will automatically win=when its active, all darkness creatures get power attacker 4000 and double breaker. Well certainly, you just cant deny that. XD

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    My deck is pretty full as it is. The only cards I would add is Ballom. Right now I'm not really needing anything else.I have three demon commands that I already almost always pull. So summoning Ballom would be fairly easy for me. My deck wins all the time anyway. IN the last two or three weeks, my darkness deck has won every battle it's been in, and has over 21 consecutive wins. Not bad considering how often I buy cards.

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
    Years
    Same here, though I lost to some guy with a fire deck -__________-
    The only card I'd add now is Mana Crisis or something, seeing as I only got nature cards that increases my mana, i need a card that decreases my opp's mana. (that fire guy got out summoning about 3 double breakers O___________o) Anywho...
    Talking about darkness, how cool the cards are, being IN the darkness civilization will be a EXTREME NIGHTMARE XD
    as long as I have 3 decks, that means I have 3 choices everytime I vs some dude.. XD

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    According ot the back of my Ballom, Master of Death Art signed by the artists, the darkness world is full of toxic acis and oozes that rot the flesh right off of darkness creatures. Their armor is made of the bones of the dead. So yeah, they are the coolest, but living there must be a nightmare. :D

I have three decks too, but my pure darkness one is my best. :D

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
    Years
    I have a light deck with a little bit of nature, a darkness deck with a little bit of fire, and a pure darkness deck, if I could put them in power levels, my light/nature would be the best, then pure darkness, then the dark/fire.

And if you live in the darkness civilization for too long, you go blind, and by then you wouldve been sucked in by some oozy quicksand or something XD

Back