• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Dumbest Rumour You've ever heard?

Ayesha

惚け
    Years
    Eh...I never heard any rumors. ): How comee?
    I mean I've been playing Pokemon for years.
    Lol, just kidding. I was little when I first started
    playing, so I never heard any. o__O;;

DARKSHADE

Waiting.. In the Shadows..
    Years
    lol just the sort of thread ive been looking for...

ok mines probably the stupidest rumour on here:

i cant remember exactly what you had to do but it was sort of like this:

you do something to trigger an event in misty's gym (cant remember what it was) then you walk around the edges and eventually a wild FLY would pop up (i was told it was a wierd black thing)

lol i never believed that, but that rumour spread round my primary school when i was younger.

fishrocker

the fish that rocks
    Years
    My friend told me that in GSC, if you beat the E4 100 times in a row, w/o saving, the guy in Vermilion City (with the Machop), will build you your very own Gym.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2016
    Heres one

This rumor has been spreading for quite some time. However, this one is unknown, as it may currently be a work-in-progress. If made, it will likely be for the Nintendo DS, seeing how Diamond and Pearl have been released and the Game Boy Advance is fading fast. Two good reasons are that the game coding to accept Pokémon from the Johto region was in Diamond and Pearl and FireRed and LeafGreen were released to compliment Red, Blue, and Yellow. A rumor existed that DuskGold and DawnSilver are registered trademarks owned by Nintendo (not true, but Nintendo does own Pocket Monsters WhiteGold and Pocket Monsters MoonStone). Not much other information is known.

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
    My friend levi told me about how to get togepi in Blue Version but I ended up getting fooled.

Heres how it went: You go into MT.Moon with repels and use a repel or 2 on yourself and then you take about 250 steps pausing the game each step and you will encounter Togepi.

I did that one time and it didn't work so I got fooled...

Ice Warrior

Master of the Void
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2009
    if you go in digglets cave with 5 level 100 digglets and 1 level 100 dugtrio, you will find a cave entrance and inside you find 15 masterballs and wild of every legendary o.O

Starberry

The berry of awesomeness
    Years
    Someone had told my boyfriend that in gold you would be able to raise pokemon past lvl 100. He believed it at the time, got mad, and decided not to buy it. Now that he looks back on it he's mad for being gullible. I like to tease him about this.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    The most crazy one I've heard is that if you talk to the Miltank in GSC enough it will get mad and turn into a "mad cow". Lol...

awsomedude30

Am I a beginning trainer?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2014
    I remember a rumor saying that if you lost to giovanni, or any team rocket member, they would steal your pokemon and give you 1 lvl 2 magikarp
    that scared the crap out of me

Seadiga

Art is a bang, hm!
    Years
    A bit off topic,but the weirdest one I ever heard,was that if you went to the space station(Pokemon Shappire,Ruby,Emerald)at the one-hundreth succsesful launch,they would ask if you would like to get on the next one.And there you could catch Jirachi/Deoxys.I fell for it.

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
    Years
    I have another dumb rumor...!
    Defeat and talk everyone in G/S/C and new paths will open and in those new paths you'll get special items(I heard was those element cards in TCG) that can make your Pokemon even stronger depending on what type your pokemon is....!

Another one:
    In Pokemon R/B/Y, after catching all Pokemon, go to the truck in S.S Anne and push it with Strength. You'll find a hole underneath the truck, fall there and you'll reach in Jhoto!!!! o_0

Years
    I also heard a way to catch a pokemon easyer. When you throw your pokeball rapidly press the A button. I still do it to this day...

I heard of that and I kind of still do it too...

I heard this rumor in Crystal where if you talk to Prof. Oak a hundred times you'll get that item to get Celebi. Waste of time. :(

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    That if you finish the Hoehn Pokedex, you get a free Jhoto starter. Never knew if it was real or not

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2013
    That a shiny pokemon will appear every 200 hours in G/S. I wasted so many batteries just leaving my gameboy on to waste time so I could get to 200 hours. I never found a single shiny pokemon in Gold. (Aside from the Red Gyarados)

Back