• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dumbest thing you have EVER seen on Pokemon?

Deoxyz

Also known as Bianca.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2006
    I think in "Pikachu's Goodbye," there was a BABY PIKACHU!
    I think that is very stupid, because they have created the all the Johto Pokemon by then! WHY did they have to do that???

Anarchytekt

Techlord
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    I think most of The Johto Journeys episodes are dumb, except for the gym battles. I haven't seen any episode after Journeys, coz they haven't shown it here yet!:(

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    where do YOU live? In Antarctica?! Australia never gets it practically and we're already in Hoenn and past Wattson I think. I don't know.

yeah most ppl - including me - agree Johto eps were dumb. The Hoenn eps are good though.

espeon and umbreon

絶対に勝つ!!
    Years
    Australia has already finished Wattson, but it's re - showing the near end of pokemon Master quest to Wingull ep ( that's what I think) I think all of the Jhoto ep is ok... Not best though...

Kylie-chan

Years
    I'm so behind...

Actually I like the Orange Islands eps the most. Then Hoenn, Kanto, and *kills* Johto! The movie shorts are pretty cool though...

Monzae

Poison Technician
    Years
    I think the dumbest thing ever on Pokemon is Team Rocket always keep coming back with expensive devices...after claiming many times that they are bankrupt??!?! I don't know, maybe Giovanni feels sorry for them and gives them all these things >.~

I'm in Aus too and I was watching the ep before Ash goes to Hoenn O____O I think I'm really behind!

Anarchytekt

Techlord
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    Yup, orange islands were the best. The part immediately after that, till the time he faces the Violet gymleader is boring. Then 'Charizard Chills' was a really nice one 2! The eps before Ash goes to the Pokemon League are pathetic. That's just my opinion.

Gardy

Beautifully Destroyed
    Years
    I think the Orange Islands eppys were IMO and then Jhoto ><;;; Hoenn is good though and the original Kanto cuz i met ash then XD

TSS_Killer

The (6) Train BCCS Owner
    Years
    has to be the titles of the epps these days....they title episodes like they are reading it from a cereal box or something.....another reason why I only like the japanese epps.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    The most stupid thing I've seen on the show is Ash and the gang not knowing Team Rocket when they disguise themselves. I think that is so fake, but you can get away with that stuff on cartoons.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    There are a few here. When Ghastly vanished and appeared behind the group and Pikachu was trying to get Ash to turn around, but he didn't. He was a complete moron and kept looking in front of him, 80s villain-style.

I gotta say, when Team Rocket disguises themselves in obvious... disguises and the group can't figure out it's Team Rocket. What are you, stupid??? THEY'RE RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!!... Yet, they ALWAYS trust them on the off-chance that they're their 'good' twins...

Most of the 'epic' battles are too short. They need to have a long one, lasting for maybe three to five episodes with a huge twist in the end, instead of ending with TR 'blasting off' all the time, or the enemy turning good or something lame like that. Have them fight some ultimate enemy and something unexpected happening.

e.g. Pikachu fighting an 'ultimate enemy' and evolving into something other than Raichu, and on the level of Legendary! Something never before seen!!

Arigeitsu159

Meh...
    Years
    TSS_Killer said:
    has to be the titles of the epps these days....they title episodes like they are reading it from a cereal box or something.....another reason why I only like the japanese epps.

What do you expect? The target audience is 7-10 years younger than you are.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Stupidest thing? Most likely that Musashi-tachi (aka Team Rocket) ALWAYS have to be within a couple of kilometres of Satoshi-tachi (aka Ash and co.), even when they don't intend to be.

Kylie-chan

Years
    I think TR are pretty stupid. Where do all these machines come from? Mondo and Giovanni aren't, you know, gonna be able to do that all the time. And it's bad for the environment. :( Also, the gang can't see TR even when TR are in the stupidest disguises! Also, they use the pit-trap all the time. And it works all the time. What are Ash and co. doing?! Staring at the sky (skylarking) on that terrain?

Grow up.

meh that's all IMO

Anarchytekt

Techlord
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    I think Team Rocket should be allowed a few victories too. That would be nice. But when they always say they're hungry, how do they survive? And their pokemon too. I'll die if I didn't eat for 2-3 days!

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
    I hate how Team Rocket keeps on coming back with the same plan...can they NOT show up in at least two consecutive episodes?! o_O; They are getting repetetive, I'd rather have Team Magma or Aqua be the new villians!

Monzae

Poison Technician
    Years
    hahaha xD Most of these concern Team Rocket...no surprise ;D But I think they have cool uniforms O_O..

And another dumb thing is how they always get 'shocked' or 'blown up' into oblivion. Why cant they like get a motorbike and 'ride' away? I don't know, maybe it's just me -___- Also, Pikachu's shocks would be enough to paralyse them for a while, yet they still keep on kicking...but I guess Pokemon was made for littler kids; who don't quite understand physics xD

Last edited:

Kine

Whatev
    Years
    The dumbest thing is how the "twerps" react to Team Rocket. Pretty much what everyone else said, except I hate it when the "twerps" blow away Team Rocket even when they're doing something good for a change.

Team Rocket has already gone beyond repetitive, but for me they're the only reason aside from the Pokemon to keep watching, as they seem to provide the most humor. Much better than "traniers of the day", who are also repetitive (but yet their different people).

I guess more Aqua-Magma action would be nice. Or would have been, since it looks like that may be over in Japan.

TSS_Killer

The (6) Train BCCS Owner
    Years
    Arigeitsu159 said:
    What do you expect? The target audience is 7-10 years younger than you are.

I know that for sure...it kinda degrading if you think about it...The Japanese version is basically targeted for a bit of an older audience.. I'd say 11-adult,as in japan you would have adults watch it sometimes,here its just all kids stuff and the dialogue proves that fact.

Back