• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dumbledore is WHAT?

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
Years
  • Nothing that really affected me, really. Somehow I had the feeling he was gay, you know, because he never talked about girls or anything and he seemed to be very close to Grindelwald. Anyway, that was just prejudicing so I couldn't really say it as a fact. Now that it's a fact, well, why should things change? Especially because he's dead and the books are finished, too. (I guess that's why we don't miss Fred either)

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Gay people ftw. Seriously, having a character as cool as Dumbledore to be gay is awesome. I've heard a few gross jokes involving wands by my roommates when they heard, but other than that, I've heard nothing but positive responses to it. This is also the first time I've heard of the book burnings. X.x; Pathetic. Oh well. Good for Rowling.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • Hmm...I would say Dumbledore was too old to be gay but really. After coming up with the idea that one of my tech professor's could be lesibin then I can't say that anymore. haha

Really this shouldn't/doesn't really matter. Dumbledore is a big character in the books but really this information shouldn't really matter since it does no splash to the plot directly. All this will do is just create some jokes about Dumbledore and (Insert male HP character here).

Still this information just brings up another constant theme that the Harry Potter books bring up which was tolurance towards others. Thank you Dumbledore. Gay or not you are still great.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • It's a big shocker really, when I heard it in the news, I was shocked.
    yeah I protest that Dumbledore is gay because uh, how to explain it...xD Anyways there's nothing we can do if He's gay DD:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • What! Didn't any of you notice the way he was looking at Harry throughout the rest of the books?
    -Johnny-
    :t197:​

XD My reaction exactly. Well, actually, my reaction was this:

"Now that this is out, you know what would've made the ending to the seventh book better? If Dumbledore wasn't the only one in the closet. I mean, just think of how many fans would be happy for Harry. 'Hey, Ginny, I'm sorry, but I'm gay. C'mon, Ron!'"

Seriously, though, while this sort of made fans (the ones responsible for Marauder-era slash) happy, I really don't care either way, considering the fact that the people who said it has no effect on plot were right and the fact that it just doesn't do much for me when it comes to shipping. Personally, if I was going to ship anyone, it's certainly not going to be someone old enough to be someone's grandfather. (Unless the grandfather was Professor Oak, at which point, crackfics ahoy!)

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    Man, people make entirely too big of a deal out of stuff like this. I mean, Dumbledore's still Dumbledore, just we now know he was getting busy with his best friend back in the day. Who cares? It's not like they had a scene where it was left unclear whether he molested Harry or something that should be causing such a giant outrage. Of course, now I'll be making gay jokes to myself anytime Dumbledore says anything with "penetration", "pole", "stick", etc when I read, but this really doesn't ruin the character for me.

And to all the jerk-offs that are trying to bring down HP because it promotes witchcraft and homosexuality (this isn't necessarily people on this forum), y'all need to grow up. It's a kids story for cripe's sake!!!!!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    For some reason I'm not really surprised to find a thread about his here,
    since like.. all 90273482374 forums on the net now have at least one disscusion about it. >>;

Personally, it wasn't such a big deal to me.
    I heard it, thought about it for about fives minutes, and then went to what I was doing.

However, my first reaction was '..Seriously?' even though it wasn't all too surprising.
    & then after that I was all '..Wow. Okay. 8D'.

Thus is it for me.

Hurray for Dumbledore.

Rosefrost

Alright, who put that there?!
    Years
  • That's right. It's been reported on the news that while autographing her last Harry Potter book, J.K. Rowling let out a big secret. When one of the fans asked about Dumbledore's love life, J.K. Rowling replied tht she always thought of Dumbledore as being gay. Now seriously, who would have ever seen that one coming? This controversial news has already sparked a few debates, and it's sure to bring a few more, but one things for sure: This can only help the Harry Potter series become even bigger.

Discuss.
    Yeah, I heard about that...I really don't know what to think...I'm just shocked...

punisher

War Zone
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2007
    no way dumeldor is gay J.K made that up to atrract atenion and a good laugh......

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    I've heard about it too, with all of this gossip, who knows what to believe, besides, before we knew he was gay we thought he was a good actor, know what are we thinking?!

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • no way dumeldor is gay J.K made that up to atrract atenion and a good laugh......

Attention, yes. Good laugh, I don't know. I've had the feeling that somewhere between books five and seven, Rowling started throwing stuff in to please or shock the fans. It's not that it's necessarily a bad thing, but I'm just saying I wouldn't put it past her to make Dumbledore gay just to get some sort of reaction out of the readers.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
  • This isn't a big shock or surprise to me. Honestly, I could careless. Since she never explained a love interest in a woman, I began to think he just might be gay.

Apparently, she said, he was in love with Grindelwald. I can't say I saw that one coming. XD;

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    So what if Dumbledore's gay? It's J.K. Rowling's own intellectual property, and she has every right to do whatever the hell she wants with it, regardless of the consequences.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Dunno if this is true.. but I heard that alot of Harry Potter fans had massive book burnings, after they found out.

>>;

I mean, sure some people are against homosexuality.. but like, ... he's a character in a book.. and he died.

Back