• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dylan and Cole Sprouse Commercial.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    The worst commercials

In all my years of playing Pokemon, I have never seen one of the games get so much injustice in its commercial. First, we had the infamous "not my Chikorita!" commercial. I know. We all hated it. And now...we have...

Really? Seriously? Anyone wanna shoot me? Even worse is the way they pronounce Pokemon in the commercial. It's obvious they don't even play it. ~_~ It's just...so fake sounding. I would rather have the "not my Chikorita!" kid. Opinions on the new commercial? Love it, hate it, obliterate it?

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Already a thread for it but basically what you said.
    It's obvious they don't play it, and they aren't even famous their on disney...

If they want an awesome ad, get morgan freeman :D

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Lol I love the way they say it, I actually find myself repeating it.
    Also the commercial screwed it up because Cody/Cole (whatever) goes "I got 5000 steps", Dylan goes "Me too" Obviously he can't steal his steps, I think the commercial is a pretty big joke, but I kind of like it tbh.
    why the hell isn't "not my chikorita" a meme yet???

Last edited:

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    I hate the way the pronounce Pokemon in it they're like PohKayMon
    UGH!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Tsk tsk, shame on you Syd

Anyway, merged the thread on the Cole and Dylan HG/SS commercial with the pre-existing one here for you.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I hate the way the pronounce Pokemon in it they're like PohKayMon
    UGH!
    Huh? I thought the right pronunciation is Pok-kay-mon... If they pronounce it that way those twin brothers didn't say a mistake...Or should it be Pok-Kee-moon? xD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Thanks Shivi, I'm such a nub. :( I didn't think the thread would be here of all places. But anyway, it's just a big embarrassment to the franchise I think. I mean...as if some people didn't feel awkward enough for playing a game that's deemed childish, they went and got Disney stars to advertise it. Just...safjewoijxlvcxmv.

Years
    Well, you know, they might actually play the series. My dad actually plays the games, and he loves them, but you'd never be able to tell. I mean, sure, they over-exaggerate the "ay" sound in Pokemon horribly, but, so does the narrator in some of the English dubs of the anime.

I like the fact that they advertise it using popular TV actors, since it might help stop some of the harassment that little kids give to each other about Pokemon being stupid.

LOL i'm 14 and play the series, in my experiences you stop liking BOTH pokemon, and disney around 6th or 7th grade. This is only a double advertisment geared towards kids and people who watch zack and cody.

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    You know that Devolution Spray from the Pokémon TCG? We need to materialize it, and spray these kids with it, knock 'em back down to this age:

Seriously, they were totally believable "cute" kids in this film. Now? They look and sound awkward, much more awkward than the average teenager.

Years
    God, they sound ridiculous in that commercial.
    "I PLAY POHKAYMON HEARTGOLD VERSION", "AND I PLAY POHKAYMON SOULSILVER VERSION". I mean really, when you say it like that, it doesn't make people want to play it. It only makes them want to make fun of it even more. xD
    I still like the Sprouse Twins, though. But they REALLY need to stop saying Pokemon like that...lol.

Back