• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Dynamic's Gmod Art

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    I've recently gotten hooked on making Gmod art with Pokemon and other game characters. I'm currently making more, so here are 4 for example.

This scene is a combination of one of my favorite PS2 games, Shadow of the Colossus, and one of my favorite Generation 5 Pokemon, Golurk.
    Spoiler:

For some reason, I Destiny Deoxys was my favorite Pokemon movie as a kid, but not really anymore. I don't know, I guess I just really liked Rayquaza in this movie. That's why I made this.
    Spoiler:
    Since both Aggron and Tyranitar have both mega evolutions and are both in exclusive games in 6th generation, I felt that they were kind of rivals. I made them here about to battle for territory.
    Spoiler:

4th Picture: Since Hoenn was my favorite region, I kinda wanted to re-imagine Pokemon life in the Seas of Hoenn. I know, there's only one Hoenn water type in there, but I wanted to add some more variety, plus there's barely any Pokemon to choose from in these addons. (First one to spot the legendary gets a pat on the back!)
    Spoiler:
    Thanks for taking interest in my gallery! More will be added soon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    It's Kyogre. ;)

Well, Dynamic, this is interesting to say the least. I don't think I've ever seen Gmod art or anything like this. Can you explain more about what Gmod art is? How do you use it? Give us a 101 on Gmoding, if you will!

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Whoa. It looks hm.. interesting. What exactly is a Gmod Art? Sorry, I never heard of it.
    I came by curiosity, since I saw you mention Shadow of the Colossus. Once of the best
    game I played on PS2 and the HD one in PS3, best graphics ever. Aside that, I like the
    1st and the 2nd picture. But can you put them elsewhere? I mean not in thumbnails XD

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    Well, to answer both of your questions, Gmod art is just some scenarios I like to make in a Steam game called Garry's Mod. Garry's Mod is a community-based game, many upload their own addons to the game such as models or vehicles. I won't start advertising, but Garry's mod is good for movie and scene making and all around fun. For a short and simple 101: Be creative! Thanks for liking my work!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Uh duh! I actually know a lot about Garry's Mod but I didn't want to impose and just assume things about your work if they weren't true. It's funny, because usually I can identify GMod right away, because of its very distinct look and style; specifically when it comes to people. But I guess it was your beautiful scenery that really threw me off. Honestly, that only makes your work all the more impressive.

As for adding images, you're going to need to upload them through a site like Photobucket or Imgur. Alternatively you may upload them to your Pokecommunity Albums and then post them.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    Here's a couple more.

I just recently re-watched the Darkrai movie, and I made this little scene after my favorite parts of the movie. Obviously, it's the fight between the gods themselves.
    Spoiler:

I actually had no real reason to make this, it just popped in my head. A small family of Mamoswine and Piloswine!
    Spoiler:

Back