• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen E4- Too big a jump before getting all 16 badges?

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Alright, what is annoying me at this particular time is how many people are talking about how easy it was to beat red and the E4.

Ok, anyone and their sister can trade all their high leveled pokes over and beat him. Try doing what i'm doing, ie: grinding my team up :D. Much harder. So please, just stop.

Back on topic.
    The 2nd round of the E4 is extremely hard! but just blitzing it repeatedly makes for decent leveling. Heck, my dudes are low 50s ;p so the exp is well worth it.

Years
    Alright, what is annoying me at this particular time is how many people are talking about how easy it was to beat red and the E4.

Ok, anyone and their sister can trade all their high leveled pokes over and beat him. Try doing what i'm doing, ie: grinding my team up :D. Much harder. So please, just stop.

Back on topic.
    The 2nd round of the E4 is extremely hard! but just blitzing it repeatedly makes for decent leveling. Heck, my dudes are low 50s ;p so the exp is well worth it.

I agree with you on that... i dont like using legendary's... to me they seem nothing more then a trophy you know. im using my team and they are all low 60's

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    Ok, so just btw, the elite isn't that difficult once your pokemon are at around Lvl 72-75.
    When I just started training my mewtwo after maxing out EV's, I strapped a lucky egg on him at level 72 and breeezed through the E4 (psychic, ice beam, thunderbolt, shadow ball)

I need a move for my ho oh to sweep Lance's team easily. Any suggestions?

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years

Back on topic.
    I did the same thing i grinded my team to defeate red and i did it

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    Well since pokemon isn't dificult all you had to do was level up your pokemon

but yeah if you immediatly face the elite four the second time after the kanto badges you will have a extremely difficult time lol

G-Virus

The B.O.W. King
    Years
    Eh, I used to breeze through easily with the E4 with a lvl 100 Houndoom I received in a trade... But then I traded him for a Forretress to trade it for a Beldum, and I cried.

Now Red, he took about three tries for me to beat him.

But eh, the E4 didn't go to big of a leap for me in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Because people were complaining, rightfully so, that the games started to get too easy. The only people complaining are those that think a battle where they can't one hit kill everything is too difficult. One hit shows are just boring.

Back