• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ebay experiences

Years
  • So yeah have you have a bad experience of ebay? how do you deal with it?
    Or do you have the perants that dont let you use it because they think its the devil?

My bad experience was i bought a phone and it didnt recieve texts so i sent it back and they never refunded the money,

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I once tried to sell a child over eBay but interpol went crazy over it.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    :| sell a child?!
    i onces searched for a baby but nothing came up :P
    only toys lol

That's pretty bad, the one I was selling was 6, real hard worker and knew not to talk. You could work him up the chimneys of London for 18 hours a day and he'd be happy with a shilling.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    That's pretty bad, the one I was selling was 6, real hard worker and knew not to talk. You could work him up the chimneys of London for 18 hours a day and he'd be happy with a shilling.

Is he still on the market? I have always wanted a little brother.

Also, I have never had any problems with ebay. My big brother has once bought a game which turned out to be fake though, but it still worked so he did not mind.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Is he still on the market? I have always wanted a little brother.

Also, I have never had any problems with ebay. My big brother has once bought a game which turned out to be fake though, but it still worked so he did not mind.

No, social servies literally raided my house with dogs and stuff and took him away. I could try and steal you a new one for the right price however.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I sold an old, broken Nintendo DS lite on there. Said clearly in the description in big red letters that it was broken and scratched up without a charger. Some idiot bought it for 120 dollars and started threatening my life when he got it. :| I told him "Too bad, I'm sorry you're incapable of reading giant colored descriptions."

Good thing I forgot to put on a return address. :]

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • I sold an old, broken Nintendo DS lite on there. Said clearly in the description in big red letters that it was broken and scratched up without a charger. Some idiot bought it for 120 dollars and started threatening my life when he got it. :| I told him "Too bad, I'm sorry you're incapable of reading giant colored descriptions."

Good thing I forgot to put on a return address. :]

Nice :)

My worse experience was sitting for three hours straight, with the highest bid on this GORGEOUS bag. I had gotten up to £70, which was still way below RRP, and with literally eight second to go, I got sniped.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • Heheh, I love sniping on eBay. 83

My parents use eBay all the time (they make me list items and stuff because I'm the fastest typer in the house XD; ), and I've bought and sold several games and cosplay items from there. My best bargain was a £40 dress that I got for £3. 8D

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i have only bought a rare book that is out of print for 35 dollars. it was still wrapped and in perfect condition. ^_^

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
  • I've bought two items, but I couldn't receive one because it had been taxed and I won't pay for it.

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
  • My parents used to absolutely despise ebay, but now I use it all the time and have never had a problem, except one time where it took a month to send an item that was supposed to take a few days. Oh well~

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • I bought a copy of Now and Then, Here and There on ebay, when it was rare and not well known, before the re-release that you can now (or could) buy at Best Buy. (If they still sell it there, probably not.)

The DVD came in padded packaging, fully intact, not a scratch on it. I was rather impressed. It was obviously used, though. The guy took great care of his discs. He also communicated everything he was doing and sent it timely.

Other than that, not much experience with eBay, although I've done the same type of thing on Amazon with something else... and neither have given me problems! <3

bmah

B.A.M.
    Years
  • I've been happy with most of my ebay experiences so far, but I'm getting concerned at the growing number of Americans who are denying international shipping, or worse, prohibiting international bidding altogether which would bar any possible negotiations after an auction's close. Once, I've tried to make a bid at the last moment (sniping), but as soon as I attempted placing my bid, ebay disallowed the bid from going through because the user apparently prohibited international bidding. I was disappointed, because nothing in the item description mentioned a barring of international shipping, nor was there any real competition for the item I was trying to bid for (only one person bid on it beforehand). In other words, everything appeared perfectly normal.

Now I have to make some initial bid beforehand to see whether or not the seller turned on the feature that disallows international bidding. If so, I'd have to negotiate well before the auction ends to see if the seller would put me on an exception list. Most sellers are negotiable, but overall this is a hassle for me and an extra step that Americans don't need to take. Apparently, I've read that many American sellers don't have great experiences with international buyers, so they eventually enable this feature because they can't be bothered to handle with such issues. It's unfair to international buyers like me who can make perfectly normal transactions however.

As for other things like shipping times, shipping prices, item quality, and general communication of the seller, I've had experiences of varying degrees of quality, but just about all of them are fine. The only other issue that might come to mind is shipping prices; while it's expected that shipping from the US to Canada would cost more, some sellers only provide a premium option of shipping, despite similar items that I've purchased from other users came in much cheaper shipping forms and in perfect condition. Sometimes, shipping can be $20+. A bit too exorbitant I think. Especially if the item is tiny or lightweight.

Last edited:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    I can't say I've had any bad eBay experiences. Most of my bid-on auctions won, shipping was tolerable, and got everything intact.

The same goes for Yahoo Japan and American mediums for it (besides being expensive due to shipping and stuff)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Never had a problem on eBay. In fact, I bought my original DS Phat on there for $70 (when it was still retailing for $129) and it lasted until this past summer.

I've also purchased a lot of Japan-only anime goods over eBay, and I've always gotten them without any issues.

Back