• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Editing Certain Palettes After Using The DNS Tool

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2016
    I have used prime-dialga's DNS tool and I would like to make the windows yellow at night. What I've tried:

Tried using the command WriteByteToOffset to change ROM when it's night within XSE, but them I learned that this specific command only writes a byte to RAM and not ROM.

Experimenting with a map and creating a check within XSE to do a "WriteByToOffset" to change palettes within PALRAM (0x5000000) when it's night to change certain palettes in pal3 and pal9 to do this. Problem is that PALRAM cannot have bytes written to it and I learned this the hard way.

I read on the DNS thread a post from Shiny Quagsire with him saying that you could "set the tiles using a level script". That was really vague and it didn't provide enough info for someone such as myself without much GBA technical knowledge or knowledge of Fire Red's commands (though I have a list of these, now).

My question is, what would be the easiest way of going about making the windows yellow at night? Is PALRAM (0x5000000) buffered somewhere else in RAM? (If so, then I may be able to make byte changes using the command WriteByteToOffset.)

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
    Back