• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

editing deoxys in emerald version

RedPandersBear

RedPandersBear
Years
  • Hello. I am currently in progress of making a hack for pokemon emerald. One of the things i did was edit every pokemon BST and level up/tm movepool in hopes of a fun, double battle experience where everyone mon is viable ( more on balancing when I make the dedicated thread) Right now though I am curious as too how to edit Deoxys's alternate forms with their stat totals. Bonus: can anyone direct me too the page for learning basic editing with code? I have just been using tools like YAPE, advance map, advance trainer, etc. but their are certain things you can't do in those programs ( like the deoxys problem above)

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    I really hope that question is a joke...ASM means Assembly, it's a low-level coding language.

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • mrdollsteak once said on reddit that the best way to learn hex editing at the level it is was to crack open a tutorial and just follow it through
    here, he explains how to change the move in a tm with a small intro on hex editing, what it is and what you are doing
    he then linked this tutorial as his example of one to crack open and just go through
    now, i personally use hxd, but others use like hex workshop or even gold finger. the important part is to stick with whatever you choose and get comfortable with it

also, as you are hacking emerald, i can not recommed enough that you follow this tutorial to change advancemap's ini file so that it doesn't absolutely destroy your rom. emerald used to be considered "unusable" because of stipulations on free space and roms getting their sound corrupted because advancemap is programmed to overwrite music data as-is. it's actually quite sad

to answer your question, a little bit of explanation is necessary... emerald only contains the normal forme (encountered in the wild) and the speed forme (used for every deoxys you own)
    fire red gets attack forme in the same manner
    leaf green gets defense forme in the same manner
    and ruby & sapphire get the normal forme, unedited by code
    this post by kleenexfeu has the hex edit to change deoxys to normal forme in pokemon emerald. it essentially just takes the asm (code) commands there (which change every deoxys you own into a speed forme deoxys) and changes them to "nop," which is the command which tells the gameboy to do nothing and move on
    because all of the deoxys formes aren't even present in emerald, there is essentially no way to edit them

Back