• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Editing text.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2018
    Hi, I'm currently trying to help a guy correcting his grammer errors in a Pokemon hack.

I've never hacked, and will never hack myself, but to correct errors,
    I'd next help for basic text editing.

Let's say I have what is on the photo on the attachement, and would like to change the text in this script. (It's what it is showing me when I click on a guy on Advanced map 1.92, by using XSE.)
    I tried to just change the text, keeping the offsets, but sometimes it does stupid things like changing the text I put in into something like Âé#Ô...

So I know I have to deal with those offset things (Finding new ones thanks to FSF), but I have trouble getting started with it. (I read some stuff, but don't really understand.)

So could someone help with a fast and basic step by step tutorial?

I really just want to edit the text in this script, so it will be grammatically correct, and sometimes add a few words (So from time totime it will get a little longer, or shorter.)

I have WhatsApp/Facebook/Skype to make it easier to talk about it, so just PM me if you want to use one of those.

Help would really be appreciated.
    Thank you for reading
    Jo-L

Mr.Wurmple

Advanced Wurmple Trainer
    Years
    I think you should "begin understanding" FSF, and finding the right offset.
    And, if you want to edit a text, you can click CTRL+T in XSE.
    Then XSE will open a text editor.
    Hope it'll help

Back