• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eevee Team...?

Zehna

Pokemon Artist
    Years
    Alright,

I've been contimplating what kind of team I want to have, using the strategies and thought that I found in a guide here. But... I'm suck. Is an all Eevee evolution team a bad one, or a good one?

Here is the team in my head, and my thought process on their strategies:

Umbreon - My "Well Rounded" Pokemon
    - Last Resort
    - Mean Look
    - Moonlight
    - Shadow Ball

Weaknesses: Fighting and Bug
    Strengths: Psychic and Ghost

Espeon - Special Attack Pokemon
    - Psybeam
    - Psych Up
    - Psychic
    - Morning Sun

Weaknesses: Bug, Ghost and Dark
    Strengths: Fighting and Poison

Vaporeon - "Wall" Pokemon
    - Aqua Ring
    - Acid Armor
    - Last Resort
    - Hydro Pump

Weaknesses: Grass and Electric
    Strengths: Fire, Ground & Bug

Jolteon - Speed and 2nd Special Attack Pokemon
    - Thunder Wave
    - Thunder
    - Double Kick
    - Thunder Fang

Weaknesses: Ground
    Strengths: Water and Flying

Flareon - Well Rounded + Physical Attack Pokemon
    - Fire Fang
    - Scary Face
    - Fire Blast
    - Sunny Day

Weaknesses: Water, Ground & Rock
    Strengths: Grass, Ice, Bug & Steel

Leafeon - 2nd Physical Pokemon + Cleric
    - Giga Drain
    - Aerial Ace
    - Synthesis
    - Grass Whistle

Weaknesses: Fire, Ice, Poison, Flying & Bug
    Strengths: Water, Ground & Bug (Aerial Ace: Grass, Fighting & Bug)

Oookay... so... thoughts? (And, please. If you think the team sucks, tell me WHY so I can learn to spot this myself. =P)

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
    Looks good, but there's just one thing that really strikes me as odd...

Why do you have Flareon? Flareon is pretty much obsolete as of this Generation, so Leafeon can be your Physical Eeveelution. Replace Flareon with Glaceon; I'm pretty sure it covers more types.

EDIT: 100th post! w00t.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    i dont think there should be any attacking moves on umbreon it serves better as an annoyer

hope i helped slama..xx

itsgian

Aspiring Poke-Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    Yeah, Glaceon would be a better choice rather than Flareon, Flareon is so meh this gen.

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
    Also, if you can find it somewhere or if somebody posts it, use the Chaosbreon moveset for Umbreon; best one it has, and works awesomely.

itsgian

Aspiring Poke-Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 104 HP / 103 Def / 224 Spd / 79 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Mean Look
    - Taunt
    - Moonlight

I'm pretty sure this is the Chaosbreon moveset...

Zehna

Pokemon Artist
    Years
    "Chaosbreon"...? What's that?

And, the reason I have a Flareon is because I thought it would be good to have a fire Pokemon in my team. Is that not so? I wasn't sure about Ice pokemon... I haven't used them much, and don't really know much of their strengths, nor their weaknesses. If someone could help me with them...?

Aaand, I would like Umbreon to have a few moves. :3 I'm not too sure I like the "annoyer" pokemon. They don't seem to do much for me, and I'd rather have pokemon that can actually do damage to my opponent, or to lower or heighten their own stats. :3

Nightofshadow

Just isn't good enough yet....
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    Looks good, but there's just one thing that really strikes me as odd...

Why do you have Flareon? Flareon is pretty much obsolete as of this Generation, so Leafeon can be your Physical Eeveelution. Replace Flareon with Glaceon; I'm pretty sure it covers more types.

EDIT: 100th post! w00t.

um NOTHING about this team looks good.

I did this team, It failed and i did it the best way it could have been done. The eevee's all have horrible HORRIBLE move pools outside of baton passing.

Zehna

Pokemon Artist
    Years
    Thanks Night...! For your extremely non-helpful, rude post! :D I sincerely appreciate that you took your extremely precious time to read my whole post, including the end where I asked that One might explain why they thought the team was bad, and not just saying "It sucks". Unfortunately, basing the fact that the "team sucks" on the move "baton pass" doesn't cut it.

But, since you so obviously raised this team in the most phenominal way possible, and because there is no true way to do it any better then you (because, I assume, you're the best?) I guess I just have to drop all strategies of raising this team, and begin to study yours. Since... yours must be the best, and I could learn everything I ever needed to know from you. :D

So do, please. Teach me your phenominal way of Pokemon mastery! :D

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Ooo, nice sarcasm. Night did say this-the Eevee's have horrible movesets. I wouldn't advise an entire team of them, since their moves are inbalanced to really make an exclusive Eevee team. You can try.

Sorry I wasn't more help, but I tried. :(

Hey, your a year older! No fair...

Zehna

Pokemon Artist
    Years
    I read her last sentance wrong. XD But even if, there are a myriad of TMs, a few HMs, and EV's to make up for poor moves or stats. And yes~ A year older, but not by much! I turned 18 too long ago.

If the moves are bad, why are they bad, and what would you or whatever person suggest in its place?

Nightofshadow

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    Thanks Night...! For your extremely non-helpful, rude post! :D I sincerely appreciate that you took your extremely precious time to read my whole post, including the end where I asked that One might explain why they thought the team was bad, and not just saying "It sucks". Unfortunately, basing the fact that the "team sucks" on the move "baton pass" doesn't cut it.

But, since you so obviously raised this team in the most phenominal way possible, and because there is no true way to do it any better then you (because, I assume, you're the best?) I guess I just have to drop all strategies of raising this team, and begin to study yours. Since... yours must be the best, and I could learn everything I ever needed to know from you. :D

So do, please. Teach me your phenominal way of Pokemon mastery! :D

The problem is, Your team HAS no strat. The best possible way for eevee teams to work is baton pass chain, That is it. Outside of that its horrible because their movepools are trash. As for my mastery of pokemon, Based on your movesets i would say that i am light years ahead of you.

Eevee teams cannot work because the eevee's DO NOT support each other. One good earthquake/fighting type attack and they ALL die.

sims796

Years
    Well, I can't help with movesets, but I can tell you why there moves aren't suited for an exclusive team.

Their moves just doesn't give them much vareity, even with TMs. Take Leafeon, my personal fav in Eevees. He has some decent attacks, but they can't really handle anything out of Water, Rock, Ground, Bug(Aerial Ace), and Steel(Dig, which sucks). So alone, or exclusivly, they fall, but they can contribute to a well balanced team.

Flareon's moves doesn't match its greatest stats-attack.

And if you design games, I wanna review em!

Forgive Nightofshadow, she can be crude, but means well, and she's a very nice person.

EDIT: Sorry, I Wii type and am a bit slow. Nighty explained it good.

Nightofshadow

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    if you MUST have move sets here

Jolteon @ timid nature

Baton pass
    Substitute
    Thunderbolt/Thunderwave
    Hidden power ice/shadowball

Espeon@ modest/Timid
    Calm mind
    Shadow ball/grassknot
    Psychic
    Baton pass/Reflect/Lightscreen

Flareon @ Calm i guess

Will o wisp
    Fire fang
    Protect
    Toxic

*Double status is pretty much all its good for

Leafeon @ adamant/jolly

Leaf blade
    Swords dance
    Aerial ace
    X scissor

Vaporeon @ bold nature

Surf
    Ice beam
    Acid armor/substitute
    Batonpass

Umbreon @ Bold/Impish

Mean look
    Baton pass
    Curse/Charm/Toxic/Protect
    Wish/Moonlight

There you have movesets to work with and other options. Hope this helps

Zehna

Pokemon Artist
    Years
    Aye, thank you for the movesets. I appreciate it.

But, as for you being lightyears ahead of me...

...you probably are! :D

But that is because I would rather excel with what I am going to make a career out of, rather then a game. *Nods* But, kudos to you if you have the spare time to be master! Unfortunately, I don't <3

Alright then, though...

Let's test your knowledge and skill, Night.

What WOULD be a good team? And, I at least want to use Umbreon. Though Dark pokemon are my favorite, I've thought it wouldn't be a good idea to use all Dark Pokemon, even if they have two elements, such as Dark and Fire or Dark and Ice. Or, is that OK to do?

Zehna

Pokemon Artist
    Years
    The team on my Trainer's card is what I was originally thinking. I haven't actually gotten the moves or anything for them in my head yet. But their Types... what about those? Is it OK for all of them to be Dark and then have a second type also? Or is that a bad idea?

sims796

Years
    The team on my Trainer's card is what I was originally thinking. I haven't actually gotten the moves or anything for them in my head yet. But their Types... what about those? Is it OK for all of them to be Dark and then have a second type also? Or is that a bad idea?

That is honestly a bad idea. One fighting move WILL wipe them ALL out. Are you on tomorrow? I'm Wii typing, and can't help you now. EN GARDE!

Back