• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Eeveelution Additions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    I reckon they will make evolutions of the ones they already have. Like, Umbreon will evolve into a new pokemon

PEPITO1O1O

~Saïx~
    Years
  • I love the eeveelutions!!!
    I personaly think they should make one for every type.
    But for black and white i think they should have a Dragon Type, Steel Type, anf Flying Type.
    (I saw a Flying Type on Dev.Art, and it looked like a real eeveelution. Of course it was a fan made eeveelution)

Years
  • I smell some weird names for them...like Ozoneon(flying) and Onyxeon(Rock)

Call me crazy, but...I've never doubted weird names from Game Freak before.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I think it is plausable to say that Gamefreak will probably aim towards making an eeveelution for each type so I can see the addition of some more ie. a steel type a flying type etc. Though I cant imagine that they will finish off the chain of eveelution for B&W if they plan on making more games and more pokemon. However personally, it's a good way to guage whether or not they're going to make more pokemon as if they don't finish off the chain, I feel that they will make more pokemon in a further game.

I'd like to see that happen, I'd like this to be the end of all new pokemon and hopefully it'll really be enough. I assume that there will be some new additions so yes, I think that will continue to add more.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Preferably dragon, steel, or flying. Hoping for bug also.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • i don't get why we need more eeveelutions. if they do make one you know they're just going to be the exact same as all the others: good speed, good special attack, low defense. is there really a need for eeveelutions when there are (currently) 486 other pokemon?

Electrovenom

Often lost in thought
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2010
    I'd like to see a Flying Eeveelution, perhaps be the first pure Flying Type.

I also wouldn't mind a Ghost or Bug Eeveelution.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • I personally want to see a cloud-maned flying eeveelution named Aveon, and a ghost eeveelution with a more malicious appearance.

Jeshk

Pokémon Professor
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2010
    The thing about Eevee is, its the adaptability pokémon. That's why Eevee has evolutions like Vaporeon, Flareon, Glaceon, and Leafeon (Jolteon is questionable, but I don't understand why Espeon and Umbreon exist, though I love them both).

Here's the list of types not covered by Eevee evolutions, followed by an analysis of each (Normal has been covered by Eevee, however, this is debatable);

Fighting
    Poison
    Ground
    Flying
    Bug
    Rock
    Ghost
    Dragon
    Steel

Fighting Type Eevee
    Most Fighting types are fighting types because they stand up and punch, with the exception of Hitmonlee and Hitmontop. This may be a possible evolution, but it does not fit with the adaptability concept.

Poison Type
    This type is very likely to have an Eevee evolution next generation, because it fits well with the adaptability concept. Also, there are many other pokémon that are only poison types, and have been successful designs. I can't think of any flaws with a poison Eevee evolution.

Ground
    A ground type Eevee would be an interesting thing to see, and I think it's very possible. The adaptability concept is questionable, but I think it could happen. There are quite a few pure ground types, and a Ground-type Eevee surely wouldn't too abnormal.

Flying
    What? A flying Eevee would certainly be abnormal considering other flying types, and that Eevee has 4 legs, that being uncommon for birds.

Bug
    This is a very likely evolution, being both logical to the adaptability concept, and fitting to the other bug type pokemon. The only flaw with this, though, that bug types are usually grouped with grass types, and Leafeon has already taken that spot. Both Leafeon and Bug-Eevee may be extremely identical, and not fitting in the pokémon world.

Rock
    A rock evolution would be almost exactly like the ground type, a plausible idea, but this also creates another problem, the same problem of grass and bug. Rock and Ground are even more closely related to each other than bug and grass.

Ghost
    Undead Eevee certainly sound interesting, and makes sense in some points, but simultaneously makes little sense. The idea of a pokémon passing away has been touche before, but never as a catchable pokémon (Sheninja is the living shell of a pokémon, so he is not). This is very possible, but it would be very odd.

Dragon
    There is no doubt a dragon type Eevee would look amazing, and serve as a great pokémon, but I can't find a single way to link it to the biological side of Eevee evolutions. Like ghost, this would be a great idea, but not coping to the adaptability concept.

Steel
    I think a steel Eevee wouldn't be good design at all, and it wouldn't be a very logical evolution to the adaptation concept.

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I would assume there will be Eeveelutions for every type eventually then we won't have to deal with them any more until Pokemon decided to come up with a different type. They may or may not have one in this gen but if they do I would like to see Steel & Dragon as the new types.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
  • Jeshk you have a good point in most of your analysis but i could see steel working with adaptabillity. Imagine an eevee spendin so much time in a city that built from the ground up with steel or something like that. Im just tryin to think of how steel would fill the adaptabillity concept.
    So do i think there will be more eeveelutions, yes. They've had them in almost every generation and besides the fact that there will be alot of evolutions for one pokemon there really no downside. There's going to be new pokemon in this gen anyways and they've been keeping up a tradition. Also it puts the statigic gameplay in perspective giving everyone many choices on which eeveelution they would like to use on their teams (steel brings up the eevee defense, while a type like dragon would focus on physical offense (which really isn't shown when it comes to the eeveelutions)). I would love to see a dragon, steel, and ghost types this gen. myself but whatever they give im fine with

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back