• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

egglocke Challenge! Lets get this Going!

midknightvortex

PokeArtist
    Years
    Hey guys, I've decided that since the old thread for Egglocke on here is dead; it would be a good idea to start a new one!
    I will be doing a lets play on Storm Silver so itd be awesome if you guys could pokegen some eggs and email them to [email protected] .

If anyone one else wants to start a game and needs eggs we can all help eachother out here!

EGGLOCKE RULES (Taken from Nappy)

1- Any Pokémon that faints is considered "dead," and must be released or stored in a specified PC box for "dead" Pokémon.

2- You can only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.

3- Any Pokemon you catch must be swapped for an egg that is in the PC.

4- Any Pokémon hatched may be leveled to the level matching the Pokémon that was exchanged for the egg, through the use of Rare Candies. Because of this, any Rare Candies obtained in the game must be used immediately, for authenticity purposes.

5- You must also nickname all of your Pokémon, for the sake of forming "stronger emotional bonds."

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    I'd like to sign up for this! I can accept eggs now, but I won't be starting until the 15th for two reasons, to give people time to send me eggs and I need to get a second copy of X to do this (Getting it on Wednesday)
    Name: Flying Beastie
    In-Game name: Bandit
    Game: X
    As mentioned above I can accept eggs now, but on my main copy of X (I hope this isn't breaking any rules...), my name on that is Emma. I can offer a random Pokemon or I can try and get you a requested Pokemon from my Friend Safaris. I'm aiming for 4-5 boxes of eggs to start with- I already have 1 box done- so that is about 120-150 more eggs needed. I can trade on weekdays from 6pm-9pm GMT and weekends at any time.

Once started I will try to update regularly on here and on my Tumblr.

@OP I sent you an egg for your egglocke, hopefully you are still accepting eggs.

midknightvortex

PokeArtist
    Years
    I'd like to sign up for this! I can accept eggs now, but I won't be starting until the 15th for two reasons, to give people time to send me eggs and I need to get a second copy of X to do this (Getting it on Wednesday)
    Name: Flying Beastie
    In-Game name: Bandit
    Game: X
    As mentioned above I can accept eggs now, but on my main copy of X (I hope this isn't breaking any rules...), my name on that is Emma. I can offer a random Pokemon or I can try and get you a requested Pokemon from my Friend Safaris. I'm aiming for 4-5 boxes of eggs to start with- I already have 1 box done- so that is about 120-150 more eggs needed. I can trade on weekdays from 6pm-9pm GMT and weekends at any time.

Once started I will try to update regularly on here and on my Tumblr.

@OP I sent you an egg for your egglocke, hopefully you are still accepting eggs.

Thanks! and no worries you arent breaking any rules haha, Ill see if I can get some of my friends to send you some eggs so I'll tell you if I add your fc on any of them!

Years
    Part 0: (Pre-Egglocke)
    I started the game by choosing to play as a girl and entering my name as Bandit. After going through getting dressed, saying hi to my mum and meeting my new friends I finally chose my 'starter', a male Chespin.

I had a quick battle with Shauna and her Froakie, I pounded her down with a rain of Vine Whips. After giving my mum the letter Trevor had given me I dashed off to catch my first Pokemon which turned out to be Pidgey (Yay obligatory Pidgey!) who was male. After being shown how to catch a Pokemon by Calem for the billionth time and beating a little kid's Zigzagoon I ran into the Santalune Forest and caught myself a male Panpour.

Lastly I ended up in Santalune city after catching a male Bidoof, where I traded over my first box of Pokemon eggs. I have now finished transferring over 3 boxes of eggs.

Part 1: (Egglocke start!)
    I traded in my Chespin, Pidgey, Panpour and Bidoof for four eggs- Chespin is still on the team because he has to be- I will edit when the eggs hatch!
    1st egg is a male Teddiursa! I have named him Winnie after Winnie the Pooh since they both love honey! Winnie is Calm natured (-Attack), has Quick Feet and the moves Scratch, Baby-Doll Eyes, Lick and Fake Tears!
    2nd egg is a male Skorupi! I named him Sasori, he is Rash natured, has Sniper and the moves Bite, Poison Sting, Leer and Night Slash.
    3rd egg is a female Snubbull! I named her Eurydice, she is Hasty natured, has intimidate and the moves Tackle, Scary Face, Tail Whip and Charm.
    And the 4th egg is a male Eevee! I have named him Chance, he is Impish natured, has Run Away and the moves Helping Hand, Growl, Tackle and Tail Whip. He is a bit average... I might evolve it into a Leafeon since I have never used one and it isn't as focused on Special Attack.

I'm now going to start grinding my new team and will post back later with updates. And I'm still accepting eggs until further notice!

Years
    Still asking what the actual heck is egglocke XD

It is a Nuzlocke variant, each time you catch a Pokemon though you have to swap it for an egg in your PC box, so this challenge can require a lot of preparation beforehand as you need a fair few boxes of eggs. Apart from the swelling for an egg it is pretty much the same as a normal Nuzlocke.

Though a few people play it like an Eliminationlocke and get themselves 6 eggs to start with and go through with those 6 Pokemon, not catching anything else and if a Pokemon dies it is taken off the team. Bust mist people play the first version.

Back