• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ehibika's Fakemon Portfolio

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2015
any pokemon fans out there familiar with James Turner? he's a graphic artist that works for game freak and is the first westerner to make some official pokemon designs, basically he made golett, golurk, vullaby, and the 3 ice cream pokemon.

after learning about that, I've felt kinda inspired to try out a few ideas myself, I never really got into the whole fakemon thing but I decided to perhaps give it a shot.

I'd personally would like to submit some ideas to a romhack project at some point in time, although I don't think I alone can make 150 designs since I put quite a bit of thought behind my creations. I try to make my designs interesting while at the same degree illustrate them in a way that makes them capable of fitting in with the Pokemon universe without clashing too hard if at all.

I've been a practiced artist for about 5 years and counting, I'm even capable of spriting. however since my tablet is currently down for the count, I cannot color any of these just yet.

My ideas are the following, and I will continue to add more as I come up with them.
----------------------------------------

Concept no.1
Spoiler:

Concept no.2
Spoiler:

Concept no.3
Spoiler:

Concept no.4
Spoiler:

Concept no.5
Spoiler:

Concept no.6
Spoiler:

More to come...

Years
Wow, nothing short of amazing. It's not often you see concepts as good as these. I looked at the first two armadillos and thought "Huh, pretty cool", then I scrolled down to the final evolution. o.o

If you really are interested in submitting your ideas to a romhack, I'm on a small team currently working on a game, which will have roughly 100 fakemon + evolutions to Gen I and II pokemon. It includes a new region and story, with new gym leaders and other various characters. I wouldn't hesitate to having you on the team as well, and I'd be happy to PM you details if you'd like to know more.

Last edited:

Latios37

Fuser of Souls
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2017
Sup, Ehibika, how have you been? These are very nice! Didn't know you did Fakemon since you haven't updated your DA in a while. The one with the sword looks beast.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2012
I would love to be able to use them in a ROM hack idea I have. It acts as a sequel to my first ever rom hack I just finished. In this new hack, that I plan to start soon, you start in Hoenn and quickly embark on a journey to find Thundurus, the Pokemon who has flooded the Hoenn region from excessive storms. On your journey, you discover a new region. I need fakemon for this new region, I don't need a full 150 either, even 30 or 40 would be great as the new region will not be the entire game, I also plan on the character traveling to regions such as the Orange Islands and probably Kanto, etc. Please reply by PM.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
These drawings are really good!
Although they do have features which Pokemon would have, they(some of them i.e0.Concept no.1 and 5) resemble RPG characters/monsters more than Pokemon, especially the final stage of the 1st concept, as it is pretty complex for an average Pokemon design -- and imo it would fit an MMORPG, as one of the mobs or something.
Concept no.3 imo looks closest to being a Pokemon, as it has patterns which you'd see in Pokemon (circles, stripes).
However it all comes down to personal preference and style, so as concepts, they're good ideas especially concept 2 and 5 since those are original and frankly I've never seen those kind of Pokemon/Fakemon anywhere else. ;)
As for the drawings, well, they're fantastic and have concistent flow through the anatomy. I think you'd make a great concept artist.

flamz321

Redefining the arts...
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 13, 2024
O_o Stellar designs dude. These are excellent concepts.

Yanminator

Yanma Breeder
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
I especially like Concept 2. The kinda "jack-in-the-box" feel could be useful in giving it a signature move or two.

I'm lost on Concept 5. I'm sure if they were colored and finalized, I would be able to understand the image better. They just look odd to me, being glass balls. But there have been stranger Pokemon I'm sure.

The final Concept looks interesting, although I'm not sure how I feel about the straps. Very S&M. Not sure if that's the look you're going for or not.

Back