• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

electric Soldier Porygon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
Years
  • Ok, You All Know The Episode That Gave People Seisures In Japan, right? Well, I Was Reading Stuff On The Internet About The Episode, And I Found Out That The "Seizure Part" Only Lasted About 5 Seconds.5 Seconds. I Was Just Wondering, Why Didn't They Have The Episode In America?/Anywhere else In The World? Couldn't Kids WB Or Whoever Just Edit 5 Seconds Out?

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Because, that's just how it is. If an episode airs that causes a seizure, do you think they're going to allow it in other countries? I doubt it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2018
    Even in Japan, this episode was shown only one time, and was not repeated. Thinking logically, they may cut or redraw the scene. But after what happened when this episode was shown in Japan, I guess, they just don't want to show it again or translate it. Most probably to avoid any kind of possible troubles, and don't bring attention of people to that incident again. Episode itself was pretty good, but nothing special occured in it.

Hoshi

just myself....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2015
    the episode was banned worldwide. becuase of the incident with the children.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    There is a thread like this.The reason why is because it gave 700-2000 kids in japan seizures.The producers of pokemon were in big trouble and pokemon got banned for 4 months.The epsiode was banned worldwide.

emeraldslay

Obsessed with Mew/writing
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    In my opinion it was a dumb episode anyway. And I still think this seizure thing has been blown out of proportion. 700-2000 kids suffer from epeleptic fits, and also happened to all be watching Pokemon, and all be sitting to close to the television? Perhaps it gave 100-500 seizures. That would of been beleivable. But 700-2000? I find it hard to beleive.

TSS_Killer

The (6) Train BCCS Owner
    Years
  • It was a decent epp imo....and it definately wasn't one incident. the addage is if the first sequence of lights don't get you,the next one will....heh

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • EXACTLY! The whole episode could give one watching it, even in a well lite room, a headache. The whole episode had white, yellow, red and blue bright, flashing lights. It was a decent episode at best. Nice look at the PC world in Pok?mon. It wasn't so much that the people were epeliptics, but it was also because just about ever scene was a threat to them.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • They don't want to open up old wounds up. That it. It would bring back bad memories from the kids who seen it and were effected.

the same reason why they banned the The Ice Path episode (the name may be some thing else. i forgot) Brock got sick and it symtoms were simlar to the SARS thing that was happening at the time. And don't give me that Jynx thing too, i don't belive that it was banned because of that.

Point is that they don't want to open up old wounds.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • reyna_de_la_fire said:
    the same reason why they banned the The Ice Path episode (the name may be some thing else. i forgot) Brock got sick and it symtoms were simlar to the SARS thing that was happening at the time. And don't give me that Jynx thing too, i don't belive that it was banned because of that.
    False. If you had actually seen the episode, you'd know it WAS Jynx. Takeshi caught a **** COLD. Not a symptom of SARS. --; The Rocket Gang sprayed him with cold water in a cold cave of ice. Jynx is a BANNED POK?MON. She was the main Pok?mon of the episode, hence why it was done away with rather than cutting her out. Proof being how she's beeing cut out of sight now in the dub. Look at the first AG Contest episode. A trainer sent out his Jynx to show off in the original. She was cut out in the dub.

Porygon

Banned
    Years
  • Anyway, getting back to the episode subject at hand?

Look at it this way. Would you want to sail on a ship called the Titanic 2? I doubt it, because of what happened and the bad history assosciated with the name. People aren't going to want to air ESP because of what it did? no matter what kind of editing is done on it, it isn't going to happen.

Figures, though, that my favourite Pok?mon would cause so much trouble XD

Poke'gangster

Banned
    Years
  • Elite Trainer Raven said:
    EXACTLY! The whole episode could give one watching it, even in a well lite room, a headache. The whole episode had white, yellow, red and blue bright, flashing lights. It was a decent episode at best. Nice look at the PC world in Pok?mon. It wasn't so much that the people were epeliptics, but it was also because just about ever scene was a threat to them.

On comedy central on the first show of Drawn Toghether there is a Japanese trading card monster on the cast. [It's supposed to look like Pikachu but looks more like Raichu, but that's just me]
    Some Waldor guy calls the Pikachu cute [Ling-Ling] and in the back room of the set it says something about giving kids seizures. Then Ling-Ling jumps up into the air and white and red flashing lights start to flash and strobe all over the place. This seizure clip was also seen in a Simpsons show called 30 minutes over Tokyo. After Bart, Lisa, Homer, Maggie, and Marge start to go home back to America after being in Japan on thier vacation during the credits the seizure clip starts rolling when Pikachu shocks the vaccine missles. By the way that episode with Jynx in it was banned due to racism because Jynx was supposed to be a sambo of some sort. And also a New Years Eve episode was banned to this tragedy.

< Holla back > :knockedou

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
  • Repeat after me: "I shall not reply to threads that are older than 1 month." :D But serious, this one is over a month old meaning that this discussion has come to an end. If you feel the need to continue the discussion, I recommend to create a brand new thread.

*closing the thread*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back