• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite 4/5 in D/P

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2005
    Hi I'm new so tell me if someone has already made a thread about this but what do you want to see for the elite 4 and the champion in Diamond and Pearl?

Personally i want the elite 4 to not have type based teams but have just mixed teams so you have to train your pokemon more and make a stragety rather than put the pokemon that can beat all of that persons pokemon up front and be done in two minutes. I was very dissapointed with ruby and sapphires elite four and the champion they were too easy to beat. What do you think?
    :7:

Tvan

Boiler Up!
    Years
    tournament style would be awesome, that way it would be different every time. i'm leaning more towards complete teams rather that type based teams, that way it is much more difficult.

HazerDrago0n

Hazed~
    Years
    I kinda do like the idea of mixed teams but I prefer the elite 4 staying as one type only trainers, maybe with some dual types... Here's what I would like.

1st trainer - Ground
    2nd Trainer - Steel
    3rd Trainer - Flying
    4th Trainer - Dragon/Water
    5th - Meh, maybe mixed.

I would like the champ to be female.

? Bleep ?

Drunken Latios
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Dec 21, 2005
    Tourny play, most def. the best.

then it would make it a lot more interesting once ur past ur first time beating it.

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
    Years
    cmatz0 said:
    I want to see the E4 actually live upto its name and have FOUR members, instead of FIVE. That always has bugged me.
    No, the fifth one is always the Champion. In RBGY, it's Blue (your rival), in GSC, it's Lance, in RS, it's Steven, and in E, it's Wallace. There are never five in the Elite Four. The Champion is always seperate. ^_^

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    yeah, i know that, but how about actually having the 4th member being the champion? If he is in the same building as the e4, to me that means he is a member (if he's seperate, and is the champ, then he should at least have his own frekin building). If not, then you should fight the e4 and then the champ should be like Red from G/S/C, where he is in a different location and you have to go fight him there, instead of throwing his battle right after the elite4.

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
    Years
    cmatz0 said:
    yeah, i know that, but how about actually having the 4th member being the champion? If he is in the same building as the e4, to me that means he is a member (if he's seperate, and is the champ, then he should at least have his own frekin building). If not, then you should fight the e4 and then the champ should be like Red from G/S/C, where he is in a different location and you have to go fight him there, instead of throwing his battle right after the elite4.
    LOL! Cheap programers didn't wonna' add in another building, maybe. XD

It's like when you defeat the Elite Four. Someone has done it before you, thus you must fight them after. Yeah, I agree with you about the own building... Nintento...

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Here's mine:
    1. Fire
    2. Steel
    3. Unknown (after adding new moves to them)
    4. Ledgendary Pokemon
    5. Mixed

Also: I think they should have a game where the champion's pokemon arew all level 100!

Shinin

Banned
    Years
    Mooshykris said:
    Here's mine:
    1. Fire
    2. Steel
    3. Unknown (after adding new moves to them)
    4. Ledgendary Pokemon
    5. Mixed

Also: I think they should have a game where the champion's pokemon arew all level 100!

A trainer with legendary pokemon (outside the battle tower and a living person) would never happen. And the champ would never have level 100 pokemon.

HazerDrago0n

Hazed~
    Years
    Well, maybe they can do something like in fr/lg like, after you beat them and go past the islands you get to fight them again but with stronger pokemon. It could happen like that. I'd kinda like that, owning the champion with his level 100 legendaries. It would be a challenge. And basically the elite 4 was a lead-off I thought when I first played red/blue I thought that there would only be 4 people to fight against, hence the name "elite 4".

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    yeah, if an e4 member had lvl.100 pokemon, there would either be a huge increase in action replay sales or there would be a lot of people not finishing the game. that would be just too hard, and there is only one of each legendary, so if you could catch them, the e4 couldn't ahve them, also.

HazerDrago0n

Hazed~
    Years
    Well, that would help the people that sell action replay, wouldn't it? You know, Red has a level 81 pokemon in G/S/C not that far off from lv100. It wasn't that hard to beat him. :\ Meh, I'm a big trainer. Oh yeah, I get your point on the legendaries thing, though.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Nintendo will not do a tournament simply because it would require a lot of coding to make it random and such. Some players (especially younger ones) might get put off by this as well... Also, by having a tournament, that would rule out the Elite 4 altogether, as you'd be fighting trainers which weren't the E4 themselves. Whilst it would be interesting, Nintendo won't do it.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Mr Cat Dog said:
    Nintendo will not do a tournament simply because it would require a lot of coding to make it random and such. Some players (especially younger ones) might get put off by this as well... Also, by having a tournament, that would rule out the Elite 4 altogether, as you'd be fighting trainers which weren't the E4 themselves. Whilst it would be interesting, Nintendo won't do it.
    I guess this is the reality then. After all, we are too used to the E4 we know today.

Back