• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Elite 4

Trainer Tory

#1 Ash Ketchum Lover!
    Years
    Gosh Dang these guys are so hard, I can get to the fourth guy, but by then I have no PP points left any of my good attcks. Any one else have trouble with these people?

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I have a problem with PP as well when battling the elite four, but I usually try to save all the ethers, elixirs, etc. that I find specifically for the elite four battles. Stocking up on potions and revives is important too. What version are you playing? If it's R/S/E, you could try to find some of the berries that restore PP (I think it's Leppa Berries) Oh, and in RSE, the fourth leader (Drake)'s pokemon can usually be taken out in 1-2 hits by a strong pokemon with an ice attack. I could beat all of his pokemon by using Kyogre's Ice Beam.

Chronos

Not named from YGO-GX.
    Years
    I train my Pokemon all to level 60 before I take them, (which doesn't take too long, as I train a lot between Gym Leaders) and I crushed them easily. In Emerald, I struggled slightly, but I still beat them on my first try. Berries and a bag full of Full Restores and Revives are your gods if you are struggling.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

Meh, the Elite 4 is pretty easy, even with Pokemon at Lv. 45. You just need a really good fire Pokemon or fire attack to take care of Steven's Metagross, who is the toughest Pokemon there. And yeah, if you're going through the Elite 4 for the first time, stock up on plenty of Full Restores and Revives.

♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Oh, if you're playing Emerald you can catch Rayquaza before the E4 and own with him. However, that's kinda taking the easy/lazy way out. It would probably cost you your master ball too, unless your Pokemon are strong enough to weaken Rayquaza.

Fid

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2019
    For Sidney:
    Fighting(sky uppercut)

For Phoebe:
    Dark(crunch)

For Glacia:
    Fighting(sky uppercut), Grass(giga drain solarbeam or leaf blade), Fire(flamethrower) and Electric(thunderbolt)

For Drake:
    Ice(ice beam) and Rock(rock slide or rock throw)

For Steven:
    Fire(flamethrower), Ground(earthquake) and Water(surf)

For Wallace(in emerald):
    Electric(thunderbolt) and Grass(giga drain, leaf blade or solarbeam).

Learn your pokemons these moves and level up your pokemons, it would be pretty easy.
    Hope this helps.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    fidani said:
    For Sidney:
    Fighting(sky uppercut)

For Phoebe:
    Dark(crunch)

For Glacia:
    Fighting(sky uppercut), Grass(giga drain solarbeam or leaf blade), Fire(flamethrower) and Electric(thunderbolt)

For Drake:
    Ice(ice beam) and Rock(rock slide or rock throw)

For Steven:
    Fire(flamethrower), Ground(earthquake) and Water(surf)

For Wallace(in emerald):
    Electric(thunderbolt) and Grass(giga drain, leaf blade or solarbeam).

Learn your pokemons these moves and level up your pokemons, it would be pretty easy.
    Hope this helps.
    Some corrections:
    Brick break works very well as a fighting move too. Ghost moves work very well on Phoebe too and Shadow Ball is much more common than Crunch. Grass moves against Glacia? O_O Giga drain and Solarbeam deal damage way too slowly and grass Pok?mon won't last long against Glacia anyway. How come you didn't mention dragon moves against Drake? Do I have to remind you that dragon is weak against itself? And Rock throw? Rock blast is more like it, Rock throw is patehtic -_- Ice beam and Thunerbolt can be quite useful against Steven too, after all, he has Skarmory and Cradily. And Earthquake? O_O Do you know how much defense Steven's Pok?mon have? Good luck with Earthquake -_-

Remember to stack up on Hyper potions, revives and full heals (sure you can use full restores, but they are a waste of money, because your Pok?mon probaly won't have more than 200 hp anyway -_-)

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Here is what I used to defeat the E4 very easily

Blaziken
    - Flamethrower
    - Sky Uppercut/Brick Break

Gardevoir
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt

Swampert
    - Ice Beam
    - Earthquake

The other 3 spots are really more for convenience, as these three can handle all of your opponents.

If you are really lazy, go this route

Rayquaza
    - Ice Beam
    - Flamethrower
    - Thunderbolt
    - Outrage

It handles all your opponent's itself, freeing you to add Pokes that you want to level up. That said, it is cheap and sad, so do this only after you have beaten the E4 without "cheating".

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2006
    Chiru said:
    Oh, if you're playing Emerald you can catch Rayquaza before the E4 and own with him. However, that's kinda taking the easy/lazy way out. It would probably cost you your master ball too, unless your Pokemon are strong enough to weaken Rayquaza.

Ray can be caught very easily with very weak pokemon that early... A few good icebeams, sleep powder, and some ultra balls and you're good. And I wouldn't call it easy when you icebeam Drake with Kyogre!

Yeesh.

~regruBgniK

yasu-trainer

Intermediate Trainer
    Years
    Here's an idea. Before you go against the Elite 4, find some PP Up's. And as everyone else has mentioned, bring a lot of items to restore health, and make sure you take weakness and resistance into account.

Back