• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Elite Battle DX Pokemon shadow position

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Hi, I'm trying to migrate all the fakemon sprites that I made for my rom hack project into pokemon essentials with elite battle DX. Problem is, the sprites I made are too small for essentials because they're made with fire red's proportions in mind. anyway, I found a way to make it look good by making the back sprites smaller. Now in terms of sizes everything looks fine, but of course, there is another problem.
Since the back sprites are now too small, you can barely see them in-game because of the Battle UI that blocks the player's view. So my solution was to just position the back sprites so they would be slightly above their original position.
and it actually looks pretty good expect one thing, the shadows are not positioned properly and it makes the pokemon look like they're floating.

Is there a way to position the shadow itself without moving the pokemon?
Or maybe there's a better way to move the backsprite so it will look good?

Thanks.

Back