• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Elite Battle system (EBS) HELP

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2020
    Hello everyone, today I've decided to bring you a little problem that I have for several days going around without being able to solve, it's a change that I need in the (Elite Battle system) that I have added in my project (Pokémon Essentials ), it happens that at the beginning of each battle of encounter or vs a trainer, an move away from the camera where the coach appears throwing the pokeball and pokémon comes out, then the camera is restored .. I want in my project remove the zoom or move away from the camera, because I have a screen resolution set in the project higher than normal and at that time at the beginning of the battle the background and pokémon are very blurry.

If anyone know Ruby or this script that can help me, I'd really appreciate it !!

I add the example images to what the battle looks like before / during and at the moment of zoom the camera.

Attachments

• Captura1.PNG
      Captura1.PNG
      39.8 KB · Views: 21
    • Captura2.PNG
      Captura2.PNG
      27.3 KB · Views: 22

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Hello everyone, today I've decided to bring you a little problem that I have for several days going around without being able to solve, it's a change that I need in the (Elite Battle system) that I have added in my project (Pokémon Essentials ), it happens that at the beginning of each battle of encounter or vs a trainer, an move away from the camera where the coach appears throwing the pokeball and pokémon comes out, then the camera is restored .. I want in my project remove the zoom or move away from the camera, because I have a screen resolution set in the project higher than normal and at that time at the beginning of the battle the background and pokémon are very blurry.

If anyone know Ruby or this script that can help me, I'd really appreciate it !!

I add the example images to what the battle looks like before / during and at the moment of zoom the camera.

If you read what Luka wrote, you will find:
    Code:
    # I don't know why you'd want to do this, but people have been asking for it
    # (still buggy)
    DISABLESCENEMOTION = false

This way, will be removed any zoom scene (to send out animation and also to move animation).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2020
    Thank you WolfPP for your quick response! I tried version V17 and it is correct, activating the "DISABLESCENEMOTION" does exactly what I want .. but my problem seems more complicated .. out that my project is on v16 and I find it difficult to update it for all the translation work and modifications that I've work... I wonder there's a way to disable this function in the EBS before the "Next Gene", it's the one I have in my project .. I'm sorry for complicating things so much :(

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • So, you want remove just send out animation and keep with zoom to move animation etc?

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2020
    Yeah something like that, keep the initial camera without zooming in on the "send".

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • In this case you need to find where 'DISABLESCENEMOTION' is used, read if are the send out anim and then edit to normal zoom. I rhink you will find that inside Scene EBS script. When i have time i will try to find.
    Good luck!

Back