• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Ello

Years
  • Ello

Hello and welcome =3

Do you like the fossil mons in general or is it just Archeops?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey Whitmore! Welcome to the community! I'm also curious if you like not just fossil Pokémon, but paleontology in general! :)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Well, funnily enough paleontology is one of my special interests, my favorite dinosaur is the carnotaurus
    Yes! Carnotaurus is a proper scary theropod, that one. I love how everything about its head is so highly specialized - and more than just the horns! And then those tiny, vestigial arms lol. Look like they're about to drop right off. Amazing dinosaur.

I'm a bit of an amateur paleontologist (and paleoartist!) myself. It's hard to pick a favorite but.. I think that the discoveries made in 2021 about Spinosaurus' tail vertebrae and how paddle like it was, thus proving it actually was the first known aquatic dinosaur really, really pushes it to the top of my list. I just find that so incredibly cool! Nether semi-amphibious theropod nor pure marine reptile, but a completely unique entity!

…that is still the center of heated debate, lol. But I see Spino as being highly adapted to an aquatic life.

A close second for me is the Oviraptor though, for overcoming its initial misidentification as a ruthless, baby snatching, Egg Thief. Too long it was assumed that its presence around nesting grounds were acts of attempted predation; when in truth they were in the ones brooding clutches in their nests! Luckily with the unhatched and juvenile Oviraptor fossil specimens, this "egg thief" was discovered displaying protective, nurturing behavior and significant parental care! Such a touching revelation. :')

Anyway, enough ranting from me. I'm always happy to chat about dinosaurs though so feel free to reach out! ( ⸝⸝•ᴗ•⸝⸝ )੭⁾⁾

Back