• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Email and accounts

Years
  • While, Pokecommunity allows alternate accounts, why they can't share emails?
    It's easier to the user, and it wouldn't hurt the community (at least in my opinion)

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • So that different members can't pose as each other, I assume.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Well isn't it just for security reasons? I don't really know but I thought it was pretty logical.

Wall★Mart

My little breakdown ❤
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2012
    But if it's the same email, and the site requires email confirmation to you be able to post, isn't it kinda hard for different members to pose for each other?
    I mean, i the user's gonna hack the email, he might as well hack the main account

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Because in the forum admin control panel options, they have it set to require unique email addresses (which is the default setting). I don't know why they didn't, but they can set it so that we can use the same. I personally think setting it to allow it is a good idea considering accounts require validation to begin with.

Back