• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Emerald/Battle Frontier Move Tutors

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2016
    Hi

Move tutor editing is quite simple in Pokemon Firered and Emerald ROMs, however the two old lady Battle Frontier tutors seem to have a more complex script, is there anyone who's attempted to edit them before or any threads about this?

thanks in advance

Mueez

Currently Working on "" POKEMON :MYSTERIES OF LEGE
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2023
    Use the pokemon game editor

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2016
    Use the pokemon game editor

I'm not talking about changing the moves teach because its simple.

What I want to edit is the text box that appears because it doesn't show up as a regular text box so it has special properties, because if you change a move (example: defense curl -> crunch) the text box will still show defense curl despite teaching crunch.

https://www.psypokes.com/emerald/tutor/tutorfrontier2.png (cant be directly linked for some reason)

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I'm not talking about changing the moves teach because its simple.

What I want to edit is the text box that appears because it doesn't show up as a regular text box so it has special properties, because if you change a move (example: defense curl -> crunch) the text box will still show defense curl despite teaching crunch.

https://www.psypokes.com/emerald/tutor/tutorfrontier2.png (cant be directly linked for some reason)

Using a table, convert the text "DEFENSE CURL" to hex and search for it in a hex editor. Since there are properly 2 or more occurrences of this text, change one at a time until it works. Once you've found where the text is, repoint it and change as necessary.

Back